Sign in to follow this  
shermank

lake water color problem

Some of my inland lakes (not the great Lakes) show up green and look almost like dry lake beds rather than blue water lakes. the color is kind of tannish green, or maybe greenish tan. It has shown up in areas as widely separated as British Columbia and The Middle East...I suspect I am missing a water texture color. BTW, I am using add on ocean textures...thanks for any help.Sherm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sherm,Just for your information not all lakes in the world are "blue". For example waters of the San Francisco Bay are predominantly green-brown, many lakes in Texas are almost black, yet other are grey when viewed from an airplane - it all depends. However I am not sure whether FS2002 tries to be so subtle in rendering water color. I suspect you can easily tell if you have any textures missing by looking at many different lakes, for example at Lake Tahoe on the border of Calif and Nevada - this one should be not far from blue.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

thanks for ths suggestion.Tahoe looks fine. Over at flightsim, someone suggested that it could be the ocean texture add ons I am using...I'll take a look at making a change there...Sherm

I don't know if you ever tracked down what caused this problem, but here is one posibility. Do you have the VFR England textures and if so did you allow it to install water textures. If you did then that will change the water elsewhere too.