Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyupahead

VOXATC with addon scenery question

Hi and thanks in advance!Will I be able to get correct taxi instructions with VoxAtc using addon scenery?Will it read the afcads for them?Thanks,David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi and thanks in advance!Will I be able to get correct taxi instructions with VoxAtc using addon scenery?Will it read the afcads for them?Thanks,David
I will assume you are using VoxATC for FSX? From my own experience only, it appears that VoxATC-X will extract some data including runway and taxiway routes and issue proper taxi instructions. I have added a small number of airports to FSX, mainly Orbix FTX airports including Melbourne INTL- YMML and the ground taxi clearance seems to work just fine. The latest version adds green centerline lights to guide you which is a great enhancement. The scenery must be installed in the main FSX folder so scenery installed elseware on your hard drive and mapped to FSX using the scenery library will not be read by the VoxATC indexer. In fact I have used this to fix some issues in the past when the indexer would hang up on a new scenery.

Hi thank you for your response,I am using FS9 though...but I would think what you said would apply to it as well...?..David

Hi thank you for your response,I am using FS9 though...but I would think what you said would apply to it as well...?..David
Sorry David, I haven't used the FS9 version in over two years. Maybe a current FS9 user would comment. You can download the free demo from the VoxATC website and check it out for yourself. Good luck.

...The scenery must be installed in the main FSX folder so scenery installed elseware on your hard drive and mapped to FSX using the scenery library will not be read by the VoxATC indexer...
If the file location in the scenery.cfg has the full location in then the indexer will work perfectly. ie Local=H:\FSX Scenery\FQMA_Maputo instead of Local=..\..\..\FSX Scenery\FQMA_MaputoAdding the scenery via the inbuilt FSX add/delete scenery system doesn't put the full file location in.Rog