Sign in to follow this  

FSMETEO Weather Server.....no joy!

For the longest time, I have not been able to download off of the FSMETEO weather server with my version 5.0I get two or three blue bars and then the program (server?) hangs.I had this for the longest time.I have resorted to using the FS2002 'in house' weather download that zips across the download-update bar like greased lighting.So what gives with FSMETEO? Does the server only respond to the latest version (it locks you out with 5.0 or below?!?!?) or what?If this is a way to 'hint' that you should lay out more coin to upgrade...then that sucks..... I hope that is not what is happening.I really have no reason to upgrade as I had no performance issues with version 5.0 to this date. I still expect my FSMETEO to download and have access to the server.Anybody else have this frustrating problem.Mitch R.

I use version 5 and I haven't had any problems. Still works like a charm.Ray

Guest Macs

HMMM... I'm using 5.2 and no problems here. 2 things:-Have to contacted the author?-Try using an updated version as I believe each version can end up expiring.

Hey Mitch!I've had sporadic hangs but for the most part, FS Meteo v5.0 has been working great. Are there any messages in the FS Meteo status window like Waiting for FSUIPC?I'd try e-mailing Marc and see what he comes back with.Good luck!!Mike

Mitch,Kind of strange you of all people would think Marc would be "looking for more coins" There is no cost to upgrade from Ver 5 to 5.2. I am sure Marc sent you the update code or access to the site.I have been using FSMeteo all week and have not had any hangs with the servers. There have been wind problems with the NOAA aloft wind servers this past weekend, just take a look at the Active Sky forum, full of complaints.Mitch if you are still having any problems please write Marc directly and he will help you out.Bob Johnson

Guest Captain Barfbag

The last time I upgraded FSMETEO I had a similar problem, which I thought was related to the upgrade but it may have had some component on the server as well. The older version allowed me to download weather without FS2002, but the newer version will not complete the download unless FS2002 is running and connected, i.e., you have FSUIPC up and running and you've hit the Fly Now! button. Once I got in the habit of doing that it runs much more smoothly, although there are still "bad server days" where neither the primary nor secondary METAR sites are available.

Hi Bob,PMFJI.<>My understanding is that there was. v5.2 included the ability for FSMeteo to download weather data for FSFlightMax.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest etanin

If you had FSmeteo like I did from day 1 there was a fee for the upgrade. I think if you had it for a year or less it was free.Money well spent for me!Oh I did not have problems with the servers over the weekend, maybe once or twice it stuck. I just closed and reloaded but that was only when I first started.Also ver 5.2 runs off different servers so if they are down I go back to 5.1 and all is well but no FSflightmax weather. This only happened 2 times to me since ver 5.2 came out in September.

Hey Mitch,Something I forgot to mention in my original post is to make sure you have the FSMeteo.cfg file in your C:Windows directory. If not, try to re-install the program.Good Luck!!Mike

Thanks Mike for the look-to...and thanks to all the others that answered my querry?Bob...when I said about the coin thing...I was wondering outloud if there was code that orphaned you after a while. I haven't been able to use FSMETEO for some time, and I agree with everybody else...one heck of a fine program. That in part fueled my frustration!Again...thank you to all that replied!Cheers!Mitch

Mitch,Like you, I use FSMeteo 5.0 and recently have had exactly the same problem that you describe. I have not successfully been able to completely download the weather since it started about a month ago. I thought it might be something with my installation, but now I think the server isn't working for me. Can anyone now use 5.0 successfully? Or is 5.1/5.2 the only versions that work? There were some who got the free upgrade and others who didn't. The policy I heard was that you had to have a current active email address to get it free, and mine changed when @Home changed to ATT, so Marc wanted to charge me the full price. I thought full price was a bit much for an upgrade, especially when he was handing it out to others for free.Bill