Sign in to follow this  
Dale_Reitz

Continental Express Font

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know what the name of the font COA Express uses for their "ExpressJet" decal on the ERJThanks :(

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know what the name of the font COA Express uses for their "ExpressJet" decal on the ERJThanks :(
After a long search through Fonts today I found the needed font type..so for others who paint the ERJ135/145 in COA colors the font you need is Adobe Garamond Pro Italic

Guest lgvpilot1
After a long search through Fonts today I found the needed font type..so for others who paint the ERJ135/145 in COA colors the font you need is Adobe Garamond Pro Italic
I Just had a look on CS4 and it sure is close I always think that finding the correct font is one of the hardest part of a paint Mark

Hi guys.Ohh yes it looks a bit alike.Nevertheless it is not the correct font and using this font is a simple way-out.MINDFor making a real "authentic" repaint its better to reconstruct the genuine font by hand (=rebuilding a font ,wich comes close, manually)ORVisit http://www.brandsoftheworld.com and find the ExpressJet logo in an EPS format there.This Encapsulated PostScript file is reseizable and gives you the exact ExpressJet text. http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/download/brand/65026.htmlLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Here is a little information about how to handle a EPS file.1.Open the EPS file in your paintingprogram and choose for the option to open the file at 1000 DPI *2. Remove the backgroud by using the magic wand. 3 Now use the color-swapper-tool ( color-replacer) to give the text the color disired.4. Resize to the appropriate dimensions to be used on the fuselage-texture. do not save the changed EPS , just save as a copy (PSD or PNG)*= this huge size will result in a very smooth edged texture after reducing its size. (without any traces of the removed background)

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi guys.Ohh yes it looks a bit alike.Nevertheless it is not the correct font and using this font is a simple way-out.MINDFor making a real "authentic" repaint its better to reconstruct the genuine font by hand (=rebuilding a font ,wich comes close, manually)ORVisit http://www.brandsoftheworld.com and find the ExpressJet logo in an EPS format there.This Encapsulated PostScript file is reseizable and gives you the exact ExpressJet text. http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/download/brand/65026.htmlLeen de Jager
Thanks for the correction Leen after looking with rested eyes my font is not correct it's close.Thanks for your help.

The closest I could find is Promemoria Italic:http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/promemoria/italic/BTW, this is the absolute best site for identifying fonts I've ever seen:http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/You simply provide an image (or URL to an image), have it analyzed, then enter any questionalble characters. After submission, the site will return the closest matches it can find.I went to the site after "copying the URL" of the image you posted, and got 46 results. After checking all forty-six, I found #22 "Premomoria Italic" to be the closest match for all characters in the sample image.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>The closest I could find is Promemoria Italic<<Sorry to say Bill ,this font has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of his topic. The Adobe Garamond Pro Italic font ( already mentioned and showed at this page ) comes much closer. ( and is`nt correct either)Finding the right font with the help of this "myfont" site hardly works.Please make sure it really has the looks of the original, before giving inadequate information.Simply make the text with the font ,place it near the original and compare.Keep in mind that, whenever a painter is "looking for a font" in 99% of the cases he actually is not looking for the font.( as a font , having a complete alphabet )He wants to make the name of the company on the fuselage, just that name.He does not want to write a poem with that font.So, don`t search for a font ,search for the company-logo instead , like I did.RegardsLeen de JagerThe text on top I made with Promemoria Italic , as you can see the difference is huge.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Here is a little information about how to handle a EPS file.1.Open the EPS file in your paintingprogram and choose for the option to open the file at 1000 DPI *2. Remove the backgroud by using the magic wand. 3 Now use the color-swapper-tool ( color-replacer) to give the text the color disired.4. Resize to the appropriate dimensions to be used on the fuselage-texture. do not save the changed EPS , just save as a copy (PSD or PNG)*= this huge size will result in a very smooth edged texture after reducing its size. (without any traces of the removed background)
Or just open it using Adobe illest Illustrious Illustrator, select it, either change the colour directly, by double clicking and changing the foreground colour, or select it, and drag and drop it from Illustrator to Photoshop and change the colour there and then. By doing so, Photoshop treats it as a smart object, so you can resize (smaller AND bigger) without a loss in quality. By dragging and dropping, there is no need for magic wands, as Illustrator treats the logo as a seperate 'layer', disconnected from the (transparent) background.Of course you need to be using Adobe's Suite (or at least Photoshop and Illustrator).