Sign in to follow this  
saabpilot

FS9 crashes at program startup

I have a strange problem that I need help to solve.When starting FS9 it crashes after 10-20 seconds (in the start cycle) and I have to restart.A white/gray sign says that "FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to close"After usually a 3rd start attempt it starts normally.I have tried the old trick of deleting FS9.cfg as well as the flights, but that does not help.Best,Bjorn

You may get some responses if you will post your complete system specs and the operating system you are running.

I have a strange problem that I need help to solve.When starting FS9 it crashes after 10-20 seconds (in the start cycle) and I have to restart.A white/gray sign says that "FS9 has encountered a problem and needs to close"After usually a 3rd start attempt it starts normally.I have tried the old trick of deleting FS9.cfg as well as the flights, but that does not help.Best,Bjorn
Apart from specs, remove ALL non-standard modules from Modules folder (compare with original FS9 disk), and see if it helps.If that doesn't help, backing up your current install, and installing new to see if the problem lies in FS9 would be my next step (I usually rename my FS9 folder to something else, then reinstall FS9 into same folder - that way I avoid losing everything, but still reinstall new...), if it doesn't help, I only delete new installation, and rename old one back.If it doesn't, then probably you are on your own. It can be almost anything in Vista/XP, from services, some bad file in the installation etc.