Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jordanal

RC5 - Specify Audio Device Option

Hi JD,A while back, in a RC5 features request thread, the discussion of making an option to have RC5 use a specific audio device such as USB headphones instead of the default audio and speakers was discussed, along with many other requested features. As I previously mentioned, the selection of a specific audio device for ATC is an existing option in FSX. But, that feature discussion indicated that you weren't sure how to program this feature.I just noticed last night, that Flightsim Flight Keeper (FSFK) now has this same feature in its options and it works great. It is merely a dropdown box listing your currently available audio devices and you select one.I would highly recommend that if you still aren't sure how to program this feature, perhaps getting in touch with Thomas Molitar, the develper of FSFK, would be a adventageous. If you aren't already familiar with Thomas, he's a great guy and I'm sure he would be able to point you in the right direction.I don't know if there has been any previous contact between you two, but I do know that he has programmed FSFK to use the RC file to parse flight data such as as transition altitudes, alternate aiports, and so on.FSFK Support - support(at)FlightKeeper.netThomas Molitor's Support Center - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/ForumE-mail - thomas(at)molitor-home.de

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi JD,A while back, in a RC5 features request thread, the discussion of making an option to have RC5 use a specific audio device such as USB headphones instead of the default audio and speakers was discussed, along with many other requested features. As I previously mentioned, the selection of a specific audio device for ATC is an existing option in FSX. But, that feature discussion indicated that you weren't sure how to program this feature.I just noticed last night, that Flightsim Flight Keeper (FSFK) now has this same feature in its options and it works great. It is merely a dropdown box listing your currently available audio devices and you select one.I would highly recommend that if you still aren't sure how to program this feature, perhaps getting in touch with Thomas Molitar, the develper of FSFK, would be a adventageous. If you aren't already familiar with Thomas, he's a great guy and I'm sure he would be able to point you in the right direction.I don't know if there has been any previous contact between you two, but I do know that he has programmed FSFK to use the RC file to parse flight data such as as transition altitudes, alternate aiports, and so on.FSFK Support - support(at)FlightKeeper.netThomas Molitor's Support Center - http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/ForumE-mail - thomas(at)molitor-home.de
hopefully i will be able to crack that nut before v5 is released. there are a lot of other things that are higher on my list of enhancements at the time.jd

hopefully i will be able to crack that nut before v5 is released. there are a lot of other things that are higher on my list of enhancements at the time.jd
Fair enough, I just wanted to point out that at least one other FS add-on has this feature and the potential source of information. :(