Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Seeking recommendations for the SHARPEST LCD available

If you have read some other posts by yours truly recently . . . sorry for the lengthy prelude!I bought a brand new Dell 2209WA 22" 1680 x 1050 e-IPS panel display. It's excellent for what it is, but I am not happy with the degradation in image sharpness over my Samsung 204B 21" 1600 x 1200 flat panel which died recently. The great news is Samsung gave me a FULL REFUND, after 2.6y of use. They don't have any more to send me, so they refunded my purchase. Actually, they sent me a replacement but I wouldnt accept it with its . . . 7 dead pixels, and one stuck red pixel! I still have it and am awaiting a return shipping ticket. I used the new Dell for several days, then last night hooked back up the Sammy, and yes, it's is so much cleaner, cheap TN panel that it is. Of course, the color isn't as uniform, and viewing angles suck by comparison, but I don't want to sacrifice image sharpness for viewing angles and better uniformity.There are NO new monitors out that do 1600x1200 with a cheap TN panel with a good pixel pitch. The lower res plus the lower pixel pitch in the Dell is what is making it inferior. I'm really not too happy with wide screen--at all! But, again, this is becoming something I will just have to live with since there are no fast 1600x1200 display in 4:3 any longer. I am an avid Tiger Woods 2004 user as well, and with the Dell it defaults to 1280 x 1024 versus 1600 x 1200 in the Sammy, and IQ is just not comparable! So much nicer with the Sammy :((Anyway, I am stuck with 1900 x 1200, which I really don't want. This res should allow TW2004 to settle into 1600 x 1200 with some IQ degradation, but certainly no worse than with the Dell, and larger and finer. So, any recommendations for REALLY EXCELLENT image sharpness in a 24" 1900 x 1200 display? Help! I want my Maypo!Noel

Hi,What about the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP.
Thank you Mike. I think I found what I was looking for: HP lp2065. Sports 1600 x 1200 native, 8ms response (most have said there are no ghosting or lag issues in FPS's as far as I read), and good viewing angles. I'd really like to stay at 4:3 native and so am going to take a chance that pixel response time won't be signficant. I ordered one from Amazon and they have a good return policy so we'll see. There is always some discussion about HP shipping that monitor with two different types of panels, but the vast majority are S-IPS from all reports. Even so, I don't think the PVA panel would be bad. They both have the same specs. All reports look like it is a great screen with emphasis on sharp image as well as color. It has .255 pixel pitch which is what I was looking for. It gets rated very highly in most or all composite reviews. My biggest concern would be ghosting, but for what I use it for: FSX and Tiger Woods PGA 2004, and an occaional COD I'm guessing it will be fine. It should be the closest I can get to my Samsung 204B, perhaps better.