Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phadis

MD-11, Thanks PMDG.

Hi.I just got the new MD-11 for FS9, and what a great impression. First thing I did was to take it out for a spin.. Downloaded the AY delivery, and started at EFHK with all engines running at the active runway. I set flaps, set T/O brakes, and started the roll. Quiet as h***. Rotaeted, and up we where. full load and 60000lbs of fuel. I did not know where to fly, but ENTC seemed like a good choice. My first impression of the A/P system was a bit different from the 737 and 747, but it was very logical and simpel to figure out. I started climbing for FL300, but it was not high performance in climb here.. I lost speed, so I needed to change the feet per minute. When I reached FL300 I decided to slowly and saftly decent to my destination(as the good captain I am.. despite my english=)). Did a slow decent and had some time to look at the system aboard this magnificent aircraft. I reached FL150, and it was time to slow down. I put the speed to 250 Knots, but nothing happened. Applied some speedbrakes, and that did the trick. I took some slats out and started to check the wind this clear monday afternoon. None winds here, so I decided a handlying 19 approach. Flew down the fjord, and took a nice 180 turn to the left for RWY19. I was a little high, but that was easily corrected. came in nicley and touched down a little more hard than I wanteded, but I think it was ok. Spoilers aploid and brakes. Taxi to GA, started APU and cutoff of fuel.Thank you PMDG!-Joachim NilsenEdit: Name inputNext trip: EHAM(polderbaan)-TNCM with KL=)

Be sure to try the tutorial, give you a chance to learn how to use the different modes of flight such as PROF so you don't have to climb using V/S and it will take care of the descents wonderfully.