Sign in to follow this  
Guest honda3

any good klax's

Guest honda3

Ive searched for a good klax but have only come up on cloud 9 which Im not even sure if its for fs2004. It also states that it is xp compatible only. So if any of you have others let me know.Thanks

Ive searched for a good klax but have only come up on cloud 9 which Im not even sure if its for fs2004. It also states that it is xp compatible only. So if any of you have others let me know.Thanks
Cloud9's KLAX is only for FS9, and it's very good. Not sure if it will work in VistAKE or not....you can always check the Cloud9 forums at http://forum.fscloud9.it/I haven't found any good KLAX for FSX yet, but I use FS9 for 90% of my flying anyway.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi You can always try the free demo for the cloud9 klax, is still the best after all theses years its the only one that has many details. http://www.fscloud9.com/php/downloads.php?lang=EN

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Just a note for FS9 user's only...Cloud9's rendition of KLAX is probably the most detailed and accurate out there. There are some side effects to using it however. On my system, I sometimes find that frame rates will drop to 12-15fps will all sliders set as far right as they can go and a bunch of AI traffic. If I back off the sliders and traffic, the airport can get a steady 20+ fps. It's too bad the Cloud9 went the way of Lago because it is/was a great work in progress. What I'd really like to see is someone like Aerosoft pickup the ball on this airport and do the great work that they do. There's a rumor floating around, (at least on this board), that if enough people give the signal that they will buy it, Aerosoft will re-do Cloud9's EHAM. Man, I'll buy it in a heartbeat but I really want them to do KLAX too, another Cloud9 product. I'm from L.A. originally and I remember being able to have a day at the beach over in Playa Del Rey, then walking up the hill to World Way Drive and watching the planes take off over my head :)Mark

I remember being able to have a day at the beach over in Playa Del Rey, then walking up the hill to World Way Drive and watching the planes take off over my head
Hey, Mark, sorry for going a bit off topic but you woke up my memories! While spending summer 2000 in California I was doing the same. Oh, what enjoyment it was. I was especially impressed by Qantas and Air New Zealand jumbos loudly departing towards their long and exotic transpacific journeys. And jumping back to the topic, Cloud9 KLAX is great. I have it combined with G.Razek's photoreal Los Angeles and his extra high resolution LA downtown. If only it was AESed, I would use it much more, even though I do most of my simming in Europe.Best regards,

Hey, Mark, sorry for going a bit off topic but you woke up my memories! While spending summer 2000 in California I was doing the same. Oh, what enjoyment it was. I was especially impressed by Qantas and Air New Zealand jumbos loudly departing towards their long and exotic transpacific journeys. And jumping back to the topic, Cloud9 KLAX is great. I have it combined with G.Razek's photoreal Los Angeles and his extra high resolution LA downtown. If only it was AESed, I would use it much more, even though I do most of my simming in Europe.Best regards,
That's so cool. You know, I remember KLAX back in the 60's. There were still houses on that hill, (a bunch of them), and people actually lived there. So you could cross Pacific Coast Highway and walk all the way over to the other side of the hill...almost to World Way West Drive. At some point you'd reach a fence but it was at just the right elevation to get a totally classic take off view from either 25L/7R or 25R/7L. The city of Los Angeles eventually purchased all of the houses in in the 80's. Their first order of business...put a perimeter fence around the entire hill. But until then, it was a great make out spot :)It was always fun to surf the south bay 'cause you'd see those big jumbos taking off real low...Mark

For FS9, there really is only one KLAX worth talking about: Cloud9's. As someone once said to me: RUN, don't walk to buy it. It is phenomenal.