Sign in to follow this  
Guest waltch

Eric Marciano's Airbus panels - Question

Downloaded Eric Marciano's excellent A320 panel last night.Spent most of today flying (day off). Panel works beautifully with all systems doing what they should.They include PFD, ND with navaids and TCAS, engine/warning display, system display, Flight Management Computer, etc.Reading the documentation on installation is essential!Anyway, the panel works well with all nav aids, airports, TCAS etc. showing up on the Navigation Display (ND).My only problem is that when I load in a flight plan, the route shows up on the GPS display, but not on the Multi Control Display Unit (MCDU). I keep being told that there is no flight plan loaded.I'm running the latest version of FSUIPC and have gps_export.dll and NavData installed.Any ideas please?

John

Someone did a working FMC with actual lateral navigation capability in a freeware plane? This has to be a first if this is true - /me goes to download this...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>My only problem is that when I load in a flight plan, the route >shows up on the GPS display, but not on the Multi Control Display >Unit (MCDU). I keep being told that there is no flight plan loaded.>>I'm running the latest version of FSUIPC and have gps_export.dll >and NavData installed.It has a problem with Windows XP, apparently this Panel does not work correctly in windows XP. Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest waltch

I like this panel very much and it works without problem on my WinXP installation.John: Do you use the "managed" mode on the FCU? This means you have to pull the buttons (use the right mouse button) and then the flightplan route shows on the MCDU.If you push the buttons (left mouse button) you are just in the "selected" mode and then it will not show.It's all in the excellent manual.RegardsWalter

>John: Do you use the "managed" mode on the FCU? This means you>have to pull the buttons (use the right mouse button) and then>the flightplan route shows on the MCDU.>If you push the buttons (left mouse button) you are just in>the "selected" mode and then it will not show.>>It's all in the excellent manual.>>Regards>WalterThanks Walter. I did read the manual, but setting managed mode does not work on my set-up since there is nothing to manage (NO FlIGHT PLAN showing on MCDU). The flight plan just doesn't appear in the MCDU at all, but the green flight plan route appears on the GPS.I'll try re-installing the panel, NavData etc. and hope for the best.Thanks,

John

Guest waltch

Sorry John, my misunderstanding.I did not mean the MCDU but the Navigation Display.When you say the green route shows on the GPS, I guess you mean the Navigation Display of the panel and not the default GPS.Well, maybe it's best to reinstall, because on my system it works okay. If I load a flight plan I have it also in the MCDU.RegardsWalter

The FMC works in conjuction with Tony D'Ambrosio's Navigation Data program. After you create the route on the GPS, you have to exit FS2002 and go to Navigation Data and import the flight plan. Once there you "tweak it" and save it. Now when you go into FS2002 the plan shows up in the FMC.One tip about Nav Data, don't use the sid/star generator as they are not accurate. That way it will only show what you put into the GPS.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Here's the confirmation about the XP problem from Roy Chaffins news archive.http://www.roychaffin.com/2002arch.html...29th November 2001" RealCRT Gauges and Windows XP ""It has been reported to me that Tony's RealCRT gauges if used with FS2000 / FS2002 report "NO ROUTE DATA" when a flightplan is loaded, when used in Windows XP.Quick checks here seem to show the same thing. !!"Unless he's fixed it since this news archive, running it on XP is the problem.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

This is not a problem with the new version, I use XP and it works fine. Make sure you have version 1.3 of Nav Data.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest waltch

If you use the newest version of Eric's panels (2.2) you will not need the RealCRT gauges. There is also a NavData download on his homepage and with these it works perfectly in XP (on my system at least).Walter

Guest Scooby11

hey, this topics prolly a little old, but i'm also havin the same problem, and doesnt seem to want to fix....i installed the navdata off his website, and did that and the next thing, yet no flight plan loaded in the MC...The Nav Display knows i've got a flightplan loaded, it has the green waypoint arrow, and tells me where and what my next waypoint is, but the MC doesnt understand anything, and there s no flightplan loaded, and no airport/nav data , jsut says INOPso ya..anyone found a fix? or should i jsut fly by ATC vector for now?