Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

747 AIRAC data not working... I think!

ok ill try that tool tomorrow, in the meantime here are some snap shots i prepared earlier.YSCB to YSSY. Runway is 16R using ILS. Everything worked fine, plane followed path, descended, captured ILS and auto-landed, though though-out the whole flight the magenta line never ligned-up and i was physically off course by about 10 degrees on touch down. odd. worked previously fine.the plane still landed automatically, albeit on the grass. the gardener was not too happy. ;)
Also, something is wrong with the airport elevation data. In screen shot 2, on the PFD the alt strip with the current altimeter setting is showing the ground at approximately 1600 and current altitude at 1520.

Also, something is wrong with the airport elevation data. In screen shot 2, on the PFD the alt strip with the current altimeter setting is showing the ground at approximately 1600 and current altitude at 1520.
hmm ok. thanks.anyway after running the registry repair tool (again) and disabling Orbx FTX SP3 Australia enhancements, and re-installing 0906 i was able to AUTOLAND PMDG-11 in FSX at YSSY 16R. YAY!a puzzling thing happened tonight too. notice in the center display YSSY has funny magenta characters after it (upper-right hand corner of display) you can also see it in the altimiter. weird font characters. looks like something got corrupted or it was a one off.ill do another flight tonight for the PMDG 747-400x in FSX tonight to verify! there is a good chance of success now2009-6-25_21-57-19-331.jpg

The glideslope indicated on the screen shot looks correct... they really are located along the side of the runway upwind from the touchdown zone. Remember that the GS only provides vertical guidance, not azimuth.. and the localizer for 16R should be off screen at the opposite end of the landing direction.I wouldn't expect navdata to corrupt anything in MSFS.. they are not executables but are only text files that list various things such as runway location, bearing and localizer course. If the data was wrong it could result in erroneous indications on the ND but it wouldn't change the actual localizer that is encodded in the AFCAD file or airport facility bgl files. The FMS doesn't use the navdata to "fly" the approach, it does use the simulated localizer in MSFS. The navdata does tell the FMS where the runway is but even if that were wrong if you had the same frequency in the nav receiver as simulated in MSFS then the localizer would take you to the runway in MSFS, not to the runway location in error in the navdata.I forgot if this is FSX or FS9... regardless, if the registry is okay then the next step is to start turning off the add-on AFCAD and scenery files until you find the one that has corrupted your simulated magnetic deviation.Hope this helps.
thanks dan, yes that clears things up for me. i turned off AFCAD et al - specifically REX and FTX SP3 since both are an unknown quantity at this stage, reapplied Navigraph AIRAC 0906 and voila - it works! Big%20Grin.gif ill try the 747-400x in FSX tonight on the same FP

Guest SkullxBones
a puzzling thing happened tonight too. notice in the center display YSSY has funny magenta characters after it (upper-right hand corner of display) you can also see it in the altimeter. weird font characters. looks like something got corrupted or it was a one off.
I had those same strange characters show up on my 747 a while back. It's possible your installation my be corrupted. My system runs XP and I went to add/remove programs in control panel where there is an option to repair the PMDG installation, that cured it.Jeff P.

I had those same strange characters show up on my 747 a while back. It's possible your installation my be corrupted. My system runs XP and I went to add/remove programs in control panel where there is an option to repair the PMDG installation, that cured it.Jeff P.
thanks jeff, i'll try that tonight! :(

yup, Repair did the trick - all fonts good now :(

yup, Repair did the trick - all fonts good now :(
everything seems fine now!PMDG 747-400x/MD11 + Orbx FTX Australia SP3 + Navigraph AIRAC 0906 = OKconsidering there was a font corruption that was fixed with Add/REmove Programs-->Repair PMDG, i think my pmdg corruption was also interfering with navigation somehow.simming here i come!

The glideslope indicated on the screen shot looks correct... they really are located along the side of the runway upwind from the touchdown zone. Remember that the GS only provides vertical guidance, not azimuth.. and the localizer for 16R should be off screen at the opposite end of the landing direction.I wouldn't expect navdata to corrupt anything in MSFS.. they are not executables but are only text files that list various things such as runway location, bearing and localizer course. If the data was wrong it could result in erroneous indications on the ND but it wouldn't change the actual localizer that is encodded in the AFCAD file or airport facility bgl files. The FMS doesn't use the navdata to "fly" the approach, it does use the simulated localizer in MSFS. The navdata does tell the FMS where the runway is but even if that were wrong if you had the same frequency in the nav receiver as simulated in MSFS then the localizer would take you to the runway in MSFS, not to the runway location in error in the navdata.I forgot if this is FSX or FS9... regardless, if the registry is okay then the next step is to start turning off the add-on AFCAD and scenery files until you find the one that has corrupted your simulated magnetic deviation.Hope this helps.
I have the same problem with FSX and 747-400X. I have tried the following but it has not made any difference1. Run the Flight 1 registery edit.2. Unhooked my add-on scenery, both of them.3. Uninstalled and installed 747-400X.4. Have tried the latest AIRAC 0906 ver.3.The problem appears to be related to the lack of magnetic variance. When I look at the KDFW17C approach on the approach plate the course from BOSSI to RWY17C should be 174, but it shows up as 180 in the FMC routing page. The aircraft will not track the LOC, but follows the G/S ok. The LOC seems to stay 1/2 dot off during the approach, which is fairly close to the FMC course line. I flew the same route with Coolsky MD-80 and it tracks the course/approach without any problems as does the default B747-400. The course/headings in the GPS are correct.I did a search for the magvar.bgl but could not find it in FSX.I have already spent about ten hours on this problem without a resolution. Any suggestions?Bill Bridges

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

FSX and FS9 differ in how they do mag var, FSX doesn't have that file.You ruled out everything that normally causes this problem. When you removed the 747X, did you delete all remaining files (pmdg folder)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

FSX and FS9 differ in how they do mag var, FSX doesn't have that file.You ruled out everything that normally causes this problem. When you removed the 747X, did you delete all remaining files (pmdg folder)?
I went in and deleted the PMDG folder.Do I need to contact PMDG directly or do they monitor this forum? If they monitor the forum, I will wait for a reply. Since I hand fly the approaches down to 200 agl I really only need the Autoland for CATIII. Thanks for your help,Bill Bridges

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

They moderate the forum, but requests to them should be sent via email to pmdg support and be sure to get an automated response to confirm you got through their spam filter.

Dan Downs KCRP