Sign in to follow this  
biggstuff

Goflight TQ6, T8 and PMDG 744

I dusted my PMDG 744 out of the hanger and couple of days ago and have some problems with some of the Goflight modules. Actually I should say this is the first time I am trying to fly the 744 after owning it for a while. 382 page manual. icon_eek.gif None of my T8 switches which are set up for the lights work with any of the lights in the 744. Now for the TQ6, every lever works as its setup (spoilers, throttle levers) for other aircraft except that for the flaps. The flaps works with the mouse but any time I try to set flaps with the TQ6, it shows on the display like its about to work (Indicator starts to move) but nothing moves and flaps will still be at zero. Set keyboard commands directly for the flaps and they work with the keyboard so I know nothing is wrong with the 744. Worth mentioning that I have the PMDG 737s and these modules work with it not problem. T8 for lights and TQ6 flaps works beautifully no issues. Help if you can.Gabriel

Guest Mike_2011
I dusted my PMDG 744 out of the hanger and couple of days ago and have some problems with some of the Goflight modules. Actually I should say this is the first time I am trying to fly the 744 after owning it for a while. 382 page manual. icon_eek.gif None of my T8 switches which are set up for the lights work with any of the lights in the 744. Now for the TQ6, every lever works as its setup (spoilers, throttle levers) for other aircraft except that for the flaps. The flaps works with the mouse but any time I try to set flaps with the TQ6, it shows on the display like its about to work (Indicator starts to move) but nothing moves and flaps will still be at zero. Set keyboard commands directly for the flaps and they work with the keyboard so I know nothing is wrong with the 744. Worth mentioning that I have the PMDG 737s and these modules work with it not problem. T8 for lights and TQ6 flaps works beautifully no issues. Help if you can.Gabriel
TQ6 Does not work with the Flaps in the PMDG 747 since they use Keyboard Commands

TQ6 Does not work with the Flaps in the PMDG 747 since they use Keyboard Commands
That

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

Hi - can you please explain how you got it to work? I tried a few suggestions mentioned here, but had problems with other aircraft after I made the changes, so I reverted back to what I had. (I was able to get it to work up to flaps 25, for extension and retraction, but at the expense of other planes).
There was nothing special what I did. 1. Installation of GoFlight Software/Driver2. Calibrate TQ6 in Windows Game Controller 3. Define lever settings in GoFlight Software4. Assign Lever A+F in MSFS for SB + Flaps (reverse)5. Define sensibility + neutral settings for all 6 axis in MSFS (FSX=Sensibility to max., neutral to min., for FS9 it

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

There was nothing special what I did. 1. Installation of GoFlight Software/Driver2. Calibrate TQ6 in Windows Game Controller 3. Define lever settings in GoFlight Software4. Assign Lever A+F in MSFS for SB + Flaps (reverse)5. Define sensibility + neutral settings for all 6 axis in MSFS (FSX=Sensibility to max., neutral to min., for FS9 it

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I dusted my PMDG 744 out of the hanger and couple of days ago and have some problems with some of the Goflight modules. Actually I should say this is the first time I am trying to fly the 744 after owning it for a while. 382 page manual. icon_eek.gif None of my T8 switches which are set up for the lights work with any of the lights in the 744. Now for the TQ6, every lever works as its setup (spoilers, throttle levers) for other aircraft except that for the flaps. The flaps works with the mouse but any time I try to set flaps with the TQ6, it shows on the display like its about to work (Indicator starts to move) but nothing moves and flaps will still be at zero. Set keyboard commands directly for the flaps and they work with the keyboard so I know nothing is wrong with the 744.Worth mentioning that I have the PMDG 737s and these modules work with it not problem. T8 for lights and TQ6 flaps works beautifully no issues. Help if you can.Gabriel
You can set up the entire throttle via the FSX assignments. The reverser levers can be set via FSUIPC using the F2 key for each one. I found the 1.81 GoFlight drivers very unreliable and with a few issues so I didn't assign any levers through this software. When the 1.82 drivers are released I will assign via those and give them a try. Until then the assigments via FSX work flawlessly with the MD-11 and the 747-400x.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Did you leave levers A and F undefined in the GF settings, or did you define those as SB and flaps as well?
All 6 levers + reverse thrust have to be defined in GF software.Means A + F have been defined as SB + flaps.

Gerhard Dresch

All 6 levers + reverse thrust have to be defined in GF software.Means A + F have been defined as SB + flaps.
I can get full Flaps30 with my TQ6 in both FS9 and FSX. I followed a similiar routine as GerdD, but did not define the Flaps lever in the GFConfig software. In FS9 and FSX the Flaps axis is assigned to the TQ6 Flaps lever and the Reverse box is checked. Then, with a registered FSUIPC under the joystick tab, the top and bottom limits for the flaps was set. This setting is aircraft specific for the 747-400 so it could be set differently for other aircraft. The flap detente plate furnished with the TQ6 is installed.Like many other aspects of Windows and FS, there is the occasional need to go into Control Panel and re-calibrate.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Guest lfassam

Hi GuysI have the same hard ware and issues with the 744. My TQ works fine however I am unable to assign landing lights/strobes etc to my T8.The T8 works fine with the 737 series and OK with the MD11.Does anyone know how to assign the lights for the 744.Yours Lee.