Hi All,I know this has been discussed a lot but there are new products out that alter the equation.It's a choice for me between the more expensive CH NEW yoke ( with paddles etc ), peddles and the throttle quadrant OR the Saitek yoke, peddles , throttle AND they have a multi addon with gear lever... PLUS a colout LCD display.Now if I went for the CH stuff it would cost about the same as the Saitek.I have a registered version of FSUIPC and I wonder if anyone knows if I could get the RXP 530WAAS to display on that Saitek LCD addon?I know CH have a good reputation but Saitek are cheaper and offer this modular addons option.Any opinions welcome! Plus if anyone knows if I can get the RXP to display on the colour guage?Some links just in case -Colour guage - http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID...Product_ID=8268 CH new yoke - http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID...Product_ID=8066Multi addon- http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID...Product_ID=8065Thanks for any inputPaul

i have the saitek yoke and 2 throttle quads and i am very pleased with them. i have never used the CH products but i have read alot about them and the main issue appears to be durability. jusdging from what i have read, they are very good products but saitek are much more sturdier and will last longer. as for the lcd display, for the price of that you could get a nice monitor and put a whole lot more panels on to it. the switch panel is good if you fly a lot of GA (general aviation) but if you are an airliner man like myself, then i would recommend the VRinsight M panel, i have read very good things about this and plan to get it very soon, hope this helps, Philip

i have the saitek yoke and 2 throttle quads and i am very pleased with them. i have never used the CH products but i have read alot about them and the main issue appears to be durability. jusdging from what i have read, they are very good products but saitek are much more sturdier and will last longer. as for the lcd display, for the price of that you could get a nice monitor and put a whole lot more panels on to it. the switch panel is good if you fly a lot of GA (general aviation) but if you are an airliner man like myself, then i would recommend the VRinsight M panel, i have read very good things about this and plan to get it very soon, hope this helps, Philip
Thanks Philip,I am still debating the issue..... pedals are an issue for me due space. I wonder if the paddles on the CH Eclipse can be used as pedals?I fly a mixture..sometimes heavies from PMDG/LDS and sometimes low and slow... I love the new Realair Duke.It's all a bit of a dilema- especially as my Saitek x52pro failed me, so I am a little nervous of more Saitek! I am a long way away from any support/exchange -in South America.. so that is another issue.I will continue my internal debating....Thanks again,Paul

Keep away from Saitek, is all I can say. Bought it twice, in hope for a newer model the 2nd time, sold it both times, made a loss. Stupid me.Never buy Saitek again. Also having Saitek keyboard now, which is compared to Logitech, utter crap. Can't wait to exchange it for Logitech again (had Logitech before).CH might be good, never had an opportunity to try it.I know my next product will be a PFC yoke.

Keep away from Saitek, is all I can say. Bought it twice, in hope for a newer model the 2nd time, sold it both times, made a loss. Stupid me.Never buy Saitek again. Also having Saitek keyboard now, which is compared to Logitech, utter crap. Can't wait to exchange it for Logitech again (had Logitech before).CH might be good, never had an opportunity to try it.I know my next product will be a PFC yoke.
Hey, could i ask why you had to buy it twice? what went wrong? thanks, Philip

I have owned both the CH Products Yoke and the Saitek Pro Yoke. I much prefer the Saitek Yoke to the CH Yoke. I have had my Saitek Yoke for about 20 months and have not had any issues other than the LCD display getting dim. I called MadCatz about the dim LCD display (who owns Saitek) and they promptly cross shipped me a replacement. I've been very pleased with the Saitek Yoke as well as Saitek's customer service.Regards,Bob Modrowski

I have owned both the CH Products Yoke and the Saitek Pro Yoke. I much prefer the Saitek Yoke to the CH Yoke. I have had my Saitek Yoke for about 20 months and have not had any issues other than the LCD display getting dim. I called MadCatz about the dim LCD display (who owns Saitek) and they promptly cross shipped me a replacement. I've been very pleased with the Saitek Yoke as well as Saitek's customer service.Regards,Bob Modrowski
thanks Bob, i too must give them credit for their customer support, i needed some extra kmobs/caps for the levers on the throttle quad and they sent me three of each one for free!! very good customer support IMO, Philip

Hey, could i ask why you had to buy it twice? what went wrong? thanks, Philip
oh sure. first it was a phantom key press, like, flying, and then gear dropped down all of the sudden, or view change, or other weird functions... then they supposedly had it repaired. i had my yoke replaced, to have the same error again. sold it a month later...then they tracked the phantom keypress the 2nd time... yea right. 2nd time it was a fs9' fault. automatical assignement of controls and need to delete them. why don't i have such a problem with my joystick...to my knowledge this problem exists till today.after a year or so, i bought a 2nd one, thinking maybe they went forward. only to confirm my doubts, and have the same thing again. i fixed the phantom view, but yoke was unusable to me.try flying with one hand, bank and they try to pull the yoke to keep the pitch... have fun... the yoke stickied a LOT, which I tried to remedy through various suggestions from the team. nothing helped. i was never able to fully AND precisely fly with one hand, which should be possible with a yoke...

Thanks guys for the input... due my bad experience with Saitek I went for the CH.My bad issue was with x52pro and the stick.... somehow the springs don't allow me to make small movements.. it sticks and then jumps... I live in a remote country where replacements aren't viable.. so now I will see if CH are any good. Also drivers were not great initially with saitek. ( vista x64 )I would love a better, more expensive Yoke as Word Not Allowed suggested.. but... gotta wife who whouldn't understand.Cheers,Paul