Been messing around with FS Panel Studio. I was curious to see if it was possible to add the old WXR2100 gauge to the VC. I came across an old cd with this on it, and wondered if it were possible. The main question is if it is indeed possible, and then finally how would I go about placing the gauge on the pedestal of the VC.Check out the link, remove the ** and place tt (duh)h**p://www.airliners.net/photo/107303/L/

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Definatley possible, here's how:In the Level-D Panel.cfg if you scroll down to the bottom ish there are three [Vcockpit0X], now what you need to do is just add the gauge, below is an example, I'm using the Vcockpit03 since it's the shortest.[Vcockpit03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1024,1024visible=1pixel_size=1024texture=$lvld_b6_apovhdgauge00=LVLD\VC\B767Overhead!Hydraulics, -89,0,285,820gauge01=LVLD\VC\B767Overhead!Electrics, 194,0,210,818gauge02=LVLD\VC\B767Overhead!Fuel, 405,0,202,818gauge03=LVLD\VC\B767Overhead!Pressurization, 602,0,204,818gauge04=LVLD\VC\B767Overhead!Pneumatics, 808,0,293,818gauge05=LVLD\VC\B767Afds!MCP, 0,822,836,200gauge06=LVLD\VC\B767PedestalVC!STrimVC, 837,842,184,180gauge07=WXR2100, PositionX, PositionY, SizeX, SizeYIf WXR2100 gauge isn't in the same folder as the panel.cfg or in the gauges folder than you have to state that in the panel.cfg like LVLD\VC means that the gauge is in the folder LVLD and then the folder VC.I don't have the WXR2100 so I don't know how the route of the gauge is, that is if the gauge is within the gauge so to speak, but that's something you can do with FSPS.Now once you've got it on once of the VC textures, you've got to load up MSFS and look for it and change it's location accordingly - I don't know which VC is what part of the plane so it's a little guess and check on your part. If it isn't three than move it to VC2 or 1 and then situate it accordingly on the panel. Note that you have to reload the aicraft to see the changes, that is selected a totally different aircraft and then go back to the LDS and it should show what changes you made.People are not in the trend of answering questions like this around here.Good Luck!

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

Part of the reason is that this is really a designer's forum primarily. Not owning a specific payware a/c, I'm not about to offer advice on modifications because I don't want to possibly send folks down a dead-end path.Most of the time, trying to modify any a/c's VC is a losing proposition, because the various [VCockpitnn] entries are often arranged like a jigsaw puzzle that's been dumped out of the box......IOW, where a gauge is on any VCockpit's texture sheet has little to no relationship to where it actually is displayed in the VC.The only exceptions are many (most?) freeware a/c where the modeler has simply mapped an entire section of the panel to a $texture sheet template, which allows a bit of leeway with placing additional gauges. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks DVA!!! AWESOME!!! Bill, I found this out the hard way. Had a real "eureka" moment with VC modifications, but man, I've got it!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks DVA!!! AWESOME!!! Bill, I found this out the hard way. Had a real "eureka" moment with VC modifications, but man, I've got it!
Zach, can you paste the correct gauges coordinates to get the WXR showing up on the VC pedestal, above the THR levers, as shown on your initial pic ? cheers