Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

Dynamic Weather a la "weather-maker" in Fs2004!

Hi, You can see in this picture at the bottom, the dynamic weather rate. And if you have read in the fs2004 web site and and the video, the clouds form and dissipate. You can see the default preset weather themes also._www.hostlab.nl/~pmmqldiy/albums/album45/aal.sized.jpg_ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cast1010

Hi Chris, FS2004 is looking better and better everyday. With this new screenshots my anxiety is growing as well.I have a question for you, when you say (and MS also says) that the clouds will form and dissipate, do you think that they will disappear or form in front of you realistically? In real life, you can see clouds forming relatively fast only in severe fronts, for example when two fronts collides (cold and warm fronts). Otherwise you can see clouds forming only when you stare at the sky for one hour or so in normal conditions.I know is not going to be like in FS2002 where the clouds just appears instantaneously in front of you, but I was wondering if in FS2004 the clouds are going to appear/form slowly like in real life.I just hope that the effect won't be overdone and the clouds will form and dissipate so fast that it will be like a fading effect.What do you think?Carlos.

I have seen it in action and dont worry, its done very slowly. The slider has to do with how long the weather takes to move in and get to your location, its actually quite good. I haven't played with this too much but so far I have been pleased with the effect. What I like more is being able to specify certain weather at certain reporting stations before I start a flight. This is great and a big step towards more realistic flying.Hornit