Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Jetway Objects Ligrary

Hey!I've installed a scenery of Ljublijana which I downloaded from Flightsim.com. ( scenery name is LJLJ2007.zip )Inside that zip, there is another zip containing 3 jetway sceneries ( jetwaybn - jetwaygy - jetwaywh ) each of them containing 1 bgl and a few texture files.I've never played with jetways in airports.Who can explain me what I must do and how these things work, because there is almost no explanation inside, so I don't know how te install nor to use...GreetzJive1

Presumably if the bits in your scenery have installed, they will use the default FS system, which is a case of parking in the correct spot so the jetway can align with your aircraft when it extends. If they have not installed, you could unzip the file and manually place the bits, put the BGLs in the FS scenery folder, and the textures in the FS texture folder (obviously).Very occasionally scenery can be activated by tuning a specific frequency on your comm radios, if this is the case, it should be mentioned in a read me file with your scenery, but a favourite frequency for it seems to be 121.5 for some reason; probably because it is the emergency mayday frequency in reality and doesn't really have much use in FS.There are two simple ways to get your jet in the correct spot; you can either go to an external view and check out where you are on the line and stop markers painted on the apron (this is in lieu of having a marshaller directing you and telling you when to chop the throttles), or, at more sophisticated airports, there is sometimes a set of lights not dissimilar to the meatball on an aircraft carrier or the PAPI lights on a runway, to assist you in finding the correct place to halt. As you taxi up to the parking spot you will see a set of lights on the actual airport pier building in front of you where the gate is, with the jetway to your left; the lights will either go green or red based on what your aircraft type is and how close it is to the correct spot, and this will indicate where you should stop, or occasionally these systems flash up the word 'stop' in lights. If you overcook it and go too far forward, just hit shift+p and push back a bit.When you are in the right place, hit Control+J on your keyboard, and the jetway should extend to your forward cabin door. In reality it is important to get the right place, because the pitot and static ports on some aircraft are quite near that forward cabin door, and if the jetway's concertina hits those parts it can damage them - the early versions of the B737 are at risk from that for example, whereas 737 NGs had those delicate pitot sensors moved forward a bit (away from the door) to avoid the problem. You won't really damage them in FS of course, but if you like to be realistic, it's something to watch out for. If you don't want to shut down both your engines, make sure the starboard engine is the one you leave running too, since there is less likelihood of some dust or crap from the jetway being kicked up into your engine port engine if it is shut down, and it is a courtesy to the ground personnel to do that too, as they are likely to be on that side of your aircraft, attending to the jetway. Sucking a ground engineer into your engine is considered very bad form. :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've installed a scenery of Ljublijana which I downloaded from Flightsim.com. ( scenery name is LJLJ2007.zip )Inside that zip, there is another zip containing 3 jetway sceneries ( jetwaybn - jetwaygy - jetwaywh ) each of them containing 1 bgl and a few texture files.I've never played with jetways in airports.Who can explain me what I must do and how these things work, because there is almost no explanation inside, so I don't know how te install nor to use...
They are just EZ Scenery object libraries - three matching sets in brown, grey and white. They don't actually "work", they just provide the fixed jetways in your sceneries. I say sceneries in the plural because they are popular with developers and many sceneries use them. Its quite possible you already have them installed.But if you haven't, just pop them in a similar folder arrangement to any other scenery - bgls in xxxx/scenery and the bmps in xxxx/texture and add them to your Scenery Library in FS2004. I like to keep all my EZ Scenery files in one folder but really you can do as you like. What I don't recommend doing, as many developers do, is putting them in with your LJLJ scenery because eventually you get cluttered with duplicate files all over the place. These are files to be shared between sceneries.Hope this helps,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Jive1as you are not familiar with these jetways I suggest you download the original package here http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=76947This is the same contents but has also a readme how to install/use these jetways.The easiest way to use these jetways is by placing them with programs like Instant Scenery or EZ Scenery at any airport you like.I suppose, however, that the LJLJ-scenery already contains a bgl file which uses these jetways.To my knowledge these jetties are not animated but static, so it will not be possible to move them to/from the aircraft as Chock explains.Ciao, Peter

They are just EZ Scenery object libraries - three matching sets in brown, grey and white. They don't actually "work", they just provide the fixed jetways in your sceneries. I say sceneries in the plural because they are popular with developers and many sceneries use them. Its quite possible you already have them installed.But if you haven't, just pop them in a similar folder arrangement to any other scenery - bgls in xxxx/scenery and the bmps in xxxx/texture and add them to your Scenery Library in FS2004. I like to keep all my EZ Scenery files in one folder but really you can do as you like. What I don't recommend doing, as many developers do, is putting them in with your LJLJ scenery because eventually you get cluttered with duplicate files all over the place. These are files to be shared between sceneries.Hope this helps,John
Just in the interest of accuracy - according the author, Shehryar Ansari, this set of jetways was created for the RWY12 object placing program. They are included in the 2nd of three RWY12 library collections. If you have the RWY12 libraries installed you already have these jetways - which, by the way, are not animated.They can be used in other object placing programs such as EZ but they were created long before EZ saw the light of day.

Thank You all for this excellent information!GreetzJive1

Just in the interest of accuracy - according the author, Shehryar Ansari, this set of jetways was created for the RWY12 object placing program. They are included in the 2nd of three RWY12 library collections. If you have the RWY12 libraries installed you already have these jetways - which, by the way, are not animated.They can be used in other object placing programs such as EZ but they were created long before EZ saw the light of day.
Thanks for correcting me, David - and with apologies to Shehryar - you are of course quite right! I had almost forgotten the existence of Rwy12 although the software still sits on my PC somewhere. As you say, designers can use these libraries with all sorts of development software. To the end user it is all one and the same.Kindest regards,John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org