Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

MSFS 2004 carryover

Not sure where this should be posted. We are all waiting for FS2004 and I would like to request/suggest, that a "HOW TO" be put together explaining steps one should take now to allow those of us who are not so technical to carryover our favorite aircraft, panels, guages etc.that we want to use in FS2004.I for one am not sure what all is nvolved, i.e. do I just copy out all main files then copy them to FS2004? We could be doing our homework now in preparation for the new release.Thank you, Emilio

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

LOL,,,Welcome to one of the joys of Flight Simulation.... The best advice I could give that would bring to most satisfying results would be for you to learn how to do everything yourself. There are way to many variables from user to user to come up with a nut shell documentation that would be a cure all for upgrading. Besides that new versions of FS are out every two years which means things are constantly changing. I'd suggest you dig in, make your mistakes and learn like we all have done. There is no easy way around that, it comes with the territory.

The only problems I can foresee are packages with self-installing programs that look for FS2002 on your hard drive. The rest should install just like they do now.

Yeah, but even those prompt you for a name of installation path if they can't find it. Some people don't like directory to be named FS2002 but rather ... "foobar" so all installation programs allow for this flexibility.Michael J.

I mitigated my possible grief factor by sticking my favorite ones onto CD-RW..as folders/files of whole planes. Or you could elsewhere on your HD. This saves me hauling over hundreds of unused gauges & effects.