Sign in to follow this  
Guest undies737

seeking MD11 FPPM

Guest undies737

fellow aviators,i am seeking an official copy of MD11 FlightPlanningPerformanceManual, any Fedex employees (or employees of a current MD11 operator) who may be able to assist? will gladly return favour by giving a copy of "real" copies (not current) 737, 767, 777, 747 flight/maint/fppm manuals. :D

Hello "fellow aviator"as far as I know they are classified and handled as "top secret" - nobody understands this, but anyway. . . btw: a real name as signature would be nice - and its a rule . . .

It is very odd that they wont release this information, it takes some of the shine off the MD-11 in the planning stages, my other planes i can use fuel planner programs and get a pretty good estimate of fuel needed, the MD-11 i am working with a rule of thumb for fuel per hour putting it in the FMC and seeing if its enough (one flight I was overweight, tried to fuel dump which didnt seem to work, but thats another story) They don't even make Md-11s anymore so can't see why they would not want fuel buel information out there, it's not like they need to hide bad performance from potential customers, and anyone who would have brought it anyway would want to know its fuel useage before purchasing.RegardsPaul

It is very odd that they wont release this information, it takes some of the shine off the MD-11 in the planning stages, my other planes i can use fuel planner programs and get a pretty good estimate of fuel needed, the MD-11 i am working with a rule of thumb for fuel per hour putting it in the FMC and seeing if its enough (one flight I was overweight, tried to fuel dump which didnt seem to work, but thats another story) They don't even make Md-11s anymore so can't see why they would not want fuel buel information out there, it's not like they need to hide bad performance from potential customers, and anyone who would have brought it anyway would want to know its fuel useage before purchasing.RegardsPaul
The only reason I can see for this is that the data or something to do with it is critical information used in an aircraft currently in production and it's not released to protect the propriatory information relevant to that aircraft.

The only reason I can see for this is that the data or something to do with it is critical information used in an aircraft currently in production and it's not released to protect the propriatory information relevant to that aircraft.
Doubt it. Critical information on a plane that didn't sell because it didn't meet the original performance specs MD promised.Paul