Sign in to follow this  
metalmike

"Error initializing DirectSound. Application will now exit."

PMDG - "Error initializing DirectSound. Application will now exit."Then FS9 closes completely. This happens whenever I select the PMDG 737 in FS9 menu.I googled the error find some solutions, but they all they say is it has something to do with DirectX drivers not being installed or whatnot. But the thing is I have run the PMDG several times successfully before this (I just got it a few days ago; have just been reading manuals and tinkering with the cockpit).Anybody had this problem before and know a solution?MichaelEDIT: Also, I just found out I don't have sound working at all. And everything is hooked up properly as usual. So I guess this problem goes beyond PMDG. Likely a hardware issue?

Nevermind! Problem solved. Disregard this. I dunno, for some reason my audio drivers disappeared. Just had to reconnect my audio (I use a USB device) and reinstall them. :smacksforehead:

Nevermind! Problem solved. Disregard this. I dunno, for some reason my audio drivers disappeared. Just had to reconnect my audio (I use a USB device) and reinstall them. :smacksforehead:
That has happened to me too. When it did I was going to snap thinking what is wrong with my pc now. Like most problems on my pc, it was self inflicted.RegardsRichie

Richie Walsh

Not as bad as me lol - lost my sound once and thought "oh no, here we go with more problems...." I reinstalled my sound drivers, checked leads, etc, etc, etc.... Turns out I never switched the speakers on lol - talk about feeling a right idiot lol.John Ellison

You say USB sound device? I'll tell you what...I have had a lot of problems with USB devices period. Sometimes they will disconnect by themselves. Other times I will disconnect one USB device, only to have ALL attached USB devices disconnect.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB