Sign in to follow this  
Guest nick2008evo2

FSX on Different Hard Drive

Guest nick2008evo2

OK, I decided to install FSX on a different hard drive (I have 2) from the OS (Vista).I "installed" SP1 and SP2 right away, but there's no inidication they've been installed. If I go to the SP2 setup, it's saying it's installed and asks me if I want to remove it, but in FSX it self, it's not giving me the option to enable DX10 for example.I'm not sure if even SP1 is installed.I can't seem to install FSCoPilot and FSInn in it either, are all these problems because of FSX being installed on a seperate hard drive??

... are all these problems because of FSX being installed on a seperate hard drive??
I doubt it. I have FSX installed on a hard drive which is separate from the drive I have Vista 64 installed on, and I've had no complications. Have a look in Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel, you should see the service packs listed there. Also, is your video card DX10 able?

Mike Beckwith

Guest nick2008evo2

In Programs and Features I see two instances of FSX:Microsoft Flight Simulator XMicrosoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2Yes, my card is DX10 capable, I was able to run it before (When fsx was installed on the OS hard drive).

Did you uninstall FSX from your OS drive prior to installing on your second drive?? If so, did you run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility after uninstalling FSX from your OS drive?? It sounds to me like you probably have some screwed up and conflicting registry entries.

Guest nick2008evo2

Uninstalled FSX from the OS, yes.Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - Nope didn't run that.

Guest nick2008evo2

Ok, good news and bad news.The good news is, I fixed the problems involving Service Packs, I manually removed FSX, removed the entries from the registry, and use the windows cleanup utility. I then reinstalled FSX again.Bad news, as already stated, FSUIPC, FSCoPilot/FSInn do not appear under the 'Add-On's tab, the only thing that appears is Squawkbox 4. I prefer FSInn/FScoPilot over SB4 though, so any ideas on why it is like this?