Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Help! Need original FS2k2 fx_engstrt.fx effect file

Guys, need a little assistance.... I installed an awesome engine start effects file that I got from Tom Gibsons California classics website for use with the DC-6. Has engine flames for first few minutes of flight at the engine exhaust port...works great on a big airline propliner. However...I fired up my DF C177 tonight after having not flown her in awhile...and it uses same fx_engstrt.fx effect file and looks like an engine fire in the middle of the top of the cowling!!!I wish there was a way to have both files, but think I will forgo the DC-6 effects if it messes up my other birds. I (stupid I know) didnt back up the original...(when am I going to learn this?)Can somebody email me the effect file to ejoiner2@bellsouth.net?Thanks in advanceEric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Eric, rename the new file and make a reference for it in the aircraft cfg, should work fine. You should be able to get the old on off the disc, but I'll send it out now!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Thanks Michael. I greatly appreciate your help sending the file.Meantime I did keep the DC-6 file. How would I refer to thereplacement file (which I renamed as fx_engstrt_dc6.fx for archivingpurposes) in an aircraft.cfg file? reason I ask that is that this file isnt normally called from a {smokesystem} section but from the mdl or something. Eric