Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Help! Need original FS2k2 fx_engstrt.fx effect file

Guys, need a little assistance.... I installed an awesome engine start effects file that I got from Tom Gibsons California classics website for use with the DC-6. Has engine flames for first few minutes of flight at the engine exhaust port...works great on a big airline propliner. However...I fired up my DF C177 tonight after having not flown her in awhile...and it uses same fx_engstrt.fx effect file and looks like an engine fire in the middle of the top of the cowling!!!I wish there was a way to have both files, but think I will forgo the DC-6 effects if it messes up my other birds. I (stupid I know) didnt back up the original...(when am I going to learn this?)Can somebody email me the effect file to ejoiner2@bellsouth.net?Thanks in advanceEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hey Eric, rename the new file and make a reference for it in the aircraft cfg, should work fine. You should be able to get the old on off the disc, but I'll send it out now!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks Michael. I greatly appreciate your help sending the file.Meantime I did keep the DC-6 file. How would I refer to thereplacement file (which I renamed as fx_engstrt_dc6.fx for archivingpurposes) in an aircraft.cfg file? reason I ask that is that this file isnt normally called from a {smokesystem} section but from the mdl or something. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hi Eric,Since this isn't an effect listed in the aircraft.cfg file, you would need to rename the effect back to the original name and restart FS to get the effect to change.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___