Sign in to follow this  
Olli Vainio

Blank FMS after switching it on?

i have also the blank fms screen and install the fonts manually in the windows font folderstill black :(running Win7 RTM build 7600 64bit

Olli-Are you getting all the other screens just fine? So the only problem is that the FMS does not appear to power up?Is there any indication that the FMS is powered but just not showing text?Take a look at your overhead panel- ANY amber captions showing up there?
All other screens work just fine. There nothing on the FMS when I hit the on switch, just as blank screen as before. No amber lights on the overhead.

Could it be that unchecking the "install navdata" during install causes this problem? I did choose to install it actually, but in the end it did not replace my previous PMDG navdata. All is working fine for me though.

Guest muratokay

I do have the same blank screen when I push the "on" button on FMS.I installed J41 lastnight and did the tutorial flight and FMS was working just fine then. But this morning I could never manage to turn the FMS on :(

Guest muratokay
I do have the same blank screen when I push the "on" button on FMS.I installed J41 lastnight and did the tutorial flight and FMS was working just fine then. But this morning I could never manage to turn the FMS on :(
Copying the fonts to Windows\fonts folder made it work for me now!

Can someone please post a list of all the fonts that should be there? My FMC is still just showing the yellow block and that's it.

I'm having the same problem with the FMS not turning on. Last night I was able to get it working by installing the correct fonts into the windows fonts folder but when I try again this morning the FMS wont turn on. It stays just blank. I checked the windows fonts folder and all 5 J41 fonts are there. I deleted and reinstalled them but still getting the blank FMS. Did a computer restart but FMS still wont turn on. I'm following tutorial procedures exactly as written. Im running Windows XP 32bit 2Gig Ram. I don't know what to do. Anyone have any ideas?Dean Prieto

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

EVGA Super NOVA 850W  |  Cooler Master HAF932  |  Hisense 43" 4K UHD  |  Win11

I tried a full reinstall of the JS-41 - same bloody problem still, all I see is the yellow block. This is a bit of a show stopper so any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise the plane is fantastic though.

Verify that you have navdata and sidstars in the respective folders (PMDG/SIDSTARS and PMDG/NAVDATA).This has got to be a tricky one because it affects a tiny percentage of the users so far.

Dan Downs KCRP

I verified that the navdata and sidstars are in the appropriate folders. I did managed to get the FMS working the first time I manually installed the 5 j41 fonts. It was working fine. But the next day back to the same problem. Pressing the "on" button on the FMS only produces an audible "click" nothing else. Reinstalling the fonts again doesn't help. Still stumped. Gonna try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the JS4100.

AMD 7900X  |  ASRock Steel Legend X670E  |  G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 6000  |  MSI 6950XT  |  Noctua NH-D14  

Navdata is all there. I hope this is something that can be figured out quickly, guess it's VOR to VOR navigation until then.Maybe everyone with this issue could post what operating system they are using, might help narrow it down or at least rule that out - I'm using Windows 7 64 bit RC build 7100.

Ok as mentioned in another thread I'm getting an error message "Can't read airports.txt" and a CTD when trying to load the Aerosoft Cheyenne. It's obviously a NavData conflict, can't help but wonder if these two problems are related.

Tried installing the new Navdata from Navigraph, didn't help. Is this issue being looked into at least?

ok, seems to be working somewhat now. This is what I've done:I reinstalled the JS4100 and the fonts. I Start FSX and create a flight with the JS4100(engines running) and let it load. I check the FMS and it turns on and works fine.From there I load the JS4100 tutorial(cold and dark)and go thru the start-up procedures and the FMS does come on and works fine.So now I re-start FSX but this time I create a flight with the default ultralight and let it load. Then from there I load the JS4100 tutorial. I go thru the procedures but the FMS wont turn on. I noticed that the Right Amps reading on the overhead panel is 670 and the Left is 0. Is this normal? Volts are both 28.

Doesn't matter how I open it, yellow square in the middle any time I turn the FMC on - definitely a font issue but I've done everything I can think of to get it to work