Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Multiple Controller Setups in FSX

If the plane uses a yoke, I like to use my Satiek Pro Yoke with throttle and switch panel. If the plane has a stick I use my MS FFBII. I have all of the buttons and switches assigned in FSX to use my yoke. When I unplug the yoke and plug in the joystick, do I lose all those settings? When I plug the yoke back in, will all my yoke buttons be switched back to default? If I use the Satiek software, can I assign the yoke buttons/switches to the FSX keyboard commands, and it will remember as long as I load that profile before I start FSX? Will the same work with the FFB2 setup program? I've always just used the controller setup in FSX. I would prefer that as I'm from the "olden" days when I shut off everything that wasn't absolutely necessary when running flight sim. I'm trying to keep my installed software to a minimum on Win 7 RC1 since I will reinstalling once I get the RTM.How do you all use multiple controllers?Dondo

Pay for the registered version of FSUIPC4 you can set up multiple controllers with that and even leave them all plugged in at the same time and swap between them while in flight if you want. It will let you setup different controllers for every aircraft that you have, you could even have different controls for different paints of the same aircraft if you wanted to do something so unusual. FSUIPC4 has so much more besides this it would be crazy not to get it, its a must have utility for all FS lovers in my opinion.

Cheers, Andy.

Pay for the registered version of FSUIPC4 you can set up multiple controllers with that and even leave them all plugged in at the same time and swap between them while in flight if you want.Heed Andydigital's advice. When you start plugging and unplugging controllers you will have issues. Get FSUIPC and leave your controllers plugged into the same USB slots always.

leave your controllers plugged into the same USB slots always
Even that is not necessary anymore with the latest versions of FSUIPC.

Cheers, Andy.

Even that is not necessary anymore with the latest versions of FSUIPC.
I guess I forgot that I had the paid version of FSUIPC. Forgot all about it. I spend so much time tweaking, setting up, testing, uninstalling, reinstalling, I forget what capabilities I already have!Thanks for the reminder!Dondo

Hi guys,I have just got a new computer to use it only for FS9 and Nascar 2003. I have a paid version of FSUIPC. I would like to use my USB Saitek stick and throttle for flight sim, and my USB Act Labs Wheel and pedals for the race sim. While I understand FSUIPC will allow multiple joysticks in flightsim, is there a way to keep both controllers plugged in with out them creating a problem when I switch from game to game? I'm using Win XP Pro.Thanks for any suggestions.Hooper

I think the main problem is that when FSX sees (or thinks it sees) a new controller, it attempts to assign it to functions in FSX. A few controllers are predefined, and there is a generic fall-back definition. I believe if you uncheck the "enable controllers" box in the control settings menu, it will stop that from happening (or at least ignore the results if it does happen).If you do that, then you have to program all your axis and buttons and hats using fsuipc. FSUIPC is able to recognize the controller name (I think) so even if you move your controller around between ports it should still find the right one.scott s..