Sign in to follow this  

Lago's Air File Pro

Hi there,I'm sorry I'm posting this here but I haven't registered yet to the Lago forum. Did anyone try this add-on yet? I purchased it and updated it with the GA.cfg file provided in the lago forum but as of right now I simply can not use this program :-(While I'm in the air the effects are really great but even in "normal" thunderstorms (as there is one right now in KCLE) the aircraft can't even be taxied (that was a B757)?!Whenever there are thunderstorms in the area the aircraft just starts bouncing like a rubber ball (on the ground that is). I already tried turning down most of the effects but to no avail. Is there anything I'm missing? I'd really love to get this to work as this was one of the add-ons I've been waiting for.Any help would be greatly appreciated,Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest hoohah

I've had some strange happenings with the scripts myself. Twice I've had my trusty B763 start tumbling at cruise alt. Not only was it tumbling, but it was _gaining_ altitude LOL."Extreme" seems to be the key word here. The default scripts are just too severe. But I think that there's is great potential in the product - the scripts just need to be refined.I really like the COG shifts, and I'm tweaking my CFG file for those to happen almost continuously. Another problem is I think the script language gives too much room to make the plane do highly unrealistic manuevers, stuff that simply would shatter the plane into pieces.I just doubt few will like the product "out of the box"; you're gonna have to work for it...

To start with, yes many people tried this add-on, sales are amazing and people seemed to have loads of fun:-)AFP should not start any script when the aircraft is on the ground, so either we got a bug here or with that aircraft the on-ground flag is off even while the aircraft is on the ground. I know one or two aircraft that do that, I think it's a problem with the craspe points of something. But I'll have a look to see if scripts are indeed not happening while on the ground. I'll be back on this, but if possible join us in our own support forum, we do check other forums for questions but not on a regular base.The 'events' you face are most probably MicroBurst events. Although the default settings make them not very likely to happen to often, thunderstorms in the region increase the likelyhood with a factor 3.To answer Edwin King here as well... What you remark is very true, we have found that all kinds of aircraft react VERY different to the same forces send to them. Where one B747 sails right through an effect, the next 747 will be smashed to bits in mid air. Hight end flight models seem to do a lot better. In fact two well known designers were on the beta and they use the tool to test the flight models near the edge of the envelope.One thing I will try is to get the app to handle multiple CFG files within the next few days. We now know that this is needed as it seems not single file is capable for all aircraft. We used the standard aircraft (Cessna 182 and the B737) to test all effects.Also keep in mind that all scripts can be played at full strenght and reduced strength. You can set in the script how much reduced (4 levels) and how likely it is that any of those levels is used.Please keep us informed of your scripts, we are collecting them right now to enhance the collection. In the end the CFG should contain so many scripts that you would never 'recognize' a script.With greetings (and hope to move this discussion to our own support forum),Mathijs KokLAGo ConDev

HI there MathijsIf I understand your last response correctly - are you saying that AFP was only tested against two of the default FS2K2 aircraft?Given the range of payware (and freeware) flight models out there wil you be doing anything to ensure compatibility with other popular addons?Thanks Rottenlungs

>HI there Mathijs>>If I understand your last response correctly - are you saying>that AFP was only tested against two of the default FS2K2>aircraft?>>Given the range of payware (and freeware) flight models out>there wil you be doing anything to ensure compatibility with>other popular addons?>>Thanks >>RottenlungsWe flew it with as many aircraft as we normally do, dosens. But with the amount of freeware and commercially addons it is simply is impossible to make sure it works with all. It's always our standard that the product should work as advertised with a basic FS2002 first, all the rest is extra.But basically it is very simple, we had the same issues with FSMaintenance. There is one commercial airliner (I will not name it) that you can land with 60G (!) without any problem. Now people asked me if we would accomodate FSMaintenance to suit this abnormal aircraft. Of course not.For Air File Pro we found some aircraft that are extremely unstable when the COG is moved. If it would be real and the pilot would lean forward the aircraft would go into a deep dive. Should be accomodate Air File Pro for this aircraft? I don't believe so.Many people do not realise that the basic modeling of aircraft in FS is rather good. Feed it the correct data and you get the correct air model. Now it you want the aircraft to do weird things (take for example our F-16, that need to be able to go vertical to 15.000) you might be forced to feed incorrect data in such a form that you still get the correct flight behavior. All aircraft you find in commercial products fly okay to great in a normal flight routine, but the real superb flight models extend this correct behavior up the edge of the flight envelope. I got some models from Rob Young that do this. When you go outside the envelope things get real weird, real fast. Even real aircraft builders have major problems understanding what happens there and frankly nobody cares much. It's too dangerous to get there. Simply put, in FS some aircraft have a very tiny flight envelope. That's not a problem if you just want to fly normal routines, but if you like some more advanced effects as Air File Pro or FSMaintenance you need aircraft that have just that little bit of extra. But that is something you can expect from the high end products (in freeware as well as in commercial products).Mathijs KokLAGO

>HI there Mathijs>>If I understand your last response correctly - are you saying>that AFP was only tested against two of the default FS2K2>aircraft?>>Given the range of payware (and freeware) flight models out>there wil you be doing anything to ensure compatibility with>other popular addons?>>Thanks >>RottenlungsWe flew it with as many aircraft as we normally do, dosens. But with the amount of freeware and commercially addons it is simply is impossible to make sure it works with all. It's always our standard that the product should work as advertised with a basic FS2002 first, all the rest is extra.But basically it is very simple, we had the same issues with FSMaintenance. There is one commercial airliner (I will not name it) that you can land with 60G (!) without any problem. Now people asked me if we would accomodate FSMaintenance to suit this abnormal aircraft. Of course not.For Air File Pro we found some aircraft that are extremely unstable when the COG is moved. If it would be real and the pilot would lean forward the aircraft would go into a deep dive. Should be accomodate Air File Pro for this aircraft? I don't believe so.Many people do not realise that the basic modeling of aircraft in FS is rather good. Feed it the correct data and you get the correct air model. Now it you want the aircraft to do weird things (take for example our F-16, that need to be able to go vertical to 15.000) you might be forced to feed incorrect data in such a form that you still get the correct flight behavior. All aircraft you find in commercial products fly okay to great in a normal flight routine, but the real superb flight models extend this correct behavior up the edge of the flight envelope. I got some models from Rob Young that do this. When you go outside the envelope things get real weird, real fast. Even real aircraft builders have major problems understanding what happens there and frankly nobody cares much. It's too dangerous to get there. Simply put, in FS some aircraft have a very tiny flight envelope. That's not a problem if you just want to fly normal routines, but if you like some more advanced effects as Air File Pro or FSMaintenance you need aircraft that have just that little bit of extra. But that is something you can expect from the high end products (in freeware as well as in commercial products).Mathijs KokLAGO

Mathijs,thanks for chiming in here, I still didn't receive my password for the Lago forum, but I'll try again later.I'm still testing as many aircraft as I can. So far I've been having the bouncing while sitting on the ground with PIC767 and the recently released ATR package from Aerosoft.Could it be that when activating AFP I also pressed the "test script" function? Would that make the airplane bounce even while on the ground?I'll keep testing and I'm looking forward to some skilled people and their scripts. Thanks again,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi Pete,I tried using AFP last night with the beta GA cfg and a very small, light plane (Davis D-1-W) and had the same bouncing on the ground effect as you mention. I just let the plane settle down and then it didn't seem to suffer any other ill effects on the ground. In the air I found the effects to be interesting, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then again, I was flying over Hawaii in fairly decent weather, so all I encountered was a little turbulence. I like the way you can hear some atmospheric effects starting up... very interesting. But to second your experience, I had some ground bouncing too.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Yes, it's now a certified, documented and acknowledged bug... I'll whip the programmer a bit and have him get a fix by monday, should be an easy thing to do.During testing I had a very nasty Mountain Indiced turbulence event ove the big island of Hawaii. I was just flying along, reading mail on the portable and one wing just dropped like it was made from lead, it tripped the AP off and I was just able to get control of the 737 before it would hit the sea. I must have been shouting a tad as other people in the office came to see who I was so angry about...Thanks for the comments on the sound. We spend a long time thinking about that. How does turbulence sound?Mathijs