Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Scenery Problem

Hi allI have a problem especially at London Heathrow.I have FS9 installed as well as British Airports and VFR Photographic Scenery UK.Once I install the EGLL Mega Airport some buildings are to close to the taxiway as well as most of the taxy name boxes and runway boxes are actually on the taxiway itself. I also do get this at Frankfurt airport.Does anyone have an idea what is happening here. Which of the installed software should I get rid off. Or can this be solved in another way.Thx for any suggestions Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

sounds like an AFCAD problem. I'm not familiar with that particular add-on but I assume it would try to install its own version of the AFCAD for that airport. Check to make sure an AF2 file is in the add-on scenery directory for that airport. Also, you may want to use a program called ScanAFD to make sure you only have one version of the AFCAD for a particular airport.

sounds like an AFCAD problem. I'm not familiar with that particular add-on but I assume it would try to install its own version of the AFCAD for that airport. Check to make sure an AF2 file is in the add-on scenery directory for that airport. Also, you may want to use a program called ScanAFD to make sure you only have one version of the AFCAD for a particular airport.
Thx for the advice will give that a try and see if this helps. Wil post in here if it has.Thx Again Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

i had the exact same problem and it is a AFCAD problem.I did the quick and easy solution and just unticked the British Airports in the scenery list as it seemed to clash with a few other add-on sceneries in the same area.

HiI tried Scan AFD. Didn't find anything. So back to square one.Thx anyway

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

You're having problems with add-on airports? Or are these default airports you're talking about?If they are add-ons...you need to track down where their AFCAD file is and make sure it's the right one. Sometimes if you go to the company website you can download just an AFCAD file...or if all else fails..uninstall, and reinstall the airport and make sure the proper AFCAD is copied over to the proper location.

The Heathrow update 2008 file in the avsim library links to free and default scenery. The afcad file is extremely accurate and with it come 700 taxiway signs!!!Vololilberista

If EDDF and EGLL are separate sceneries make sure they top the list in the scenery library settings above the others you mention.

Hi allI have a problem especially at London Heathrow.I have FS9 installed as well as British Airports and VFR Photographic Scenery UK.Once I install the EGLL Mega Airport some buildings are to close to the taxiway as well as most of the taxy name boxes and runway boxes are actually on the taxiway itself. I also do get this at Frankfurt airport.Does anyone have an idea what is happening here. Which of the installed software should I get rid off. Or can this be solved in another way.Thx for any suggestions Ian