Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

Clod9 Amsterdam

Is there any other AFCAD file for Cloud9 EHAM?I'm kinda sick of C9 afcads. ATC: "Expect...bla,bla,...RWY21L ?!? :( "...damn thing don't even exists! :( Does someone have AFCAD, like this:Landing: 36R, 06, 27, 18C, 18RTake off: 36C, 36L, 24, 09, 18LThanks in advanceDalibor

I've had some issues with that Afcad as well. I have to be very careful when flying my Eaglesoft Cirrus G3 into that airport. There are so many runways listed for C9 EHAM that I don't think that the avionics in the plane were designed to handle it. I can hear the Avidyne gauges saying "help me" as they wink out of existence...(fr. Bill or Ron, any comments would be greately appreciated 'cause I love that craft :)I went ahead and deleted a bunch of the runways today so I can test it later. I'm afraid I will find either messed up ground traffic or possibly lost ILS stuff. I will test it in a couple of hours and let you know what I find out.If anyone else knows about this issue, please chime in as I'm sure that are a bunch of other people out there that are going through similar situations!Mark

And I thought it was just me... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Is there any other AFCAD file for Cloud9 EHAM?I'm kinda sick of C9 afcads. ATC: "Expect...bla,bla,...RWY21L ?!? :( "...damn thing don't even exists! :( Does someone have AFCAD, like this:Landing: 36R, 06, 27, 18C, 18RTake off: 36C, 36L, 24, 09, 18LThanks in advanceDalibor
If you've read the manual it states that you can use the Cloud9 bgl files to change the AI in using the correct rwy. This then also applies to ATC giving you a correct rwy.Please check the EHAM PDF. You have to copy one of the appropriate bgl's to a \scenery directory. The PDF states which bgl is used for what situation.

And I thought it was just me... :blink:
It is probably a problem with the current fashion of activating cross-wind runways, only possible by creating a range of extra mini-runways.If you open the file in AFCAD or AFX and delete all the very short (non-existent) runways I think you will find things work more realistically. ATIS will sound a bit better for that too!Then make sure all of the main runways you want available are not marked as closed for landing/take-off. I also found some hold-short nodes missing, causing AI to taxi across runways while I was landing. This is another trick to "make AI run smoother" but I prefer a safe landing. :o)Best to back up the file first, in case my advice doesn't work out.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks John! That is indeed good news. I did try my Cirrus G3 after deleting all of the non-existent runways and I didn't have any issues. (fr. Bill and Ron can stop sweating it out). I never thought of doing that before...duh on my part.MarkBoy, that Eaglesoft G3 is so nice...