Sign in to follow this  
mavericksfan412003

"terrain.dll" and "g3d.dll" Errors

Hey everyone...having a few FSX problems at the moment:I spent all of yesterday reinstalling my OS and FSX per NickN's "bible" and followed every step down to the letter in hopes of getting better performance. I have installed REX, UTUSAX, and GEX, and have everything tweaked so that it runs smooth. When I load up a default FSX plane, everything runs fine, but when I load up my Carenado Seneca or the Super 80 Pro, I get either a terrain.dll error or a g3d.dll error within 5-10 minutes. Just prior to getting the error, I notice some brief, subtle graphics "glitches" such as random lines coming up out of the ground. Also, the sound begins to "crackle" sporadically. Less than a minute after I start noticing that, either of those two error messages appears.What's odd is that my Level-D 767 works perfectly. Because I'm getting this terrain.dll error, it would seem logical that there's a problem with the UTUSAX and the GEX installation, but the fact that the default FSX planes along with the 767 run the sim perfectly doesn't add up to me.I've searched countless forums for posts containing info about the terrain.dll and g3d.dll errors in FSX and have yet to find anything that has given me an idea of what's wrong. I'm wondering if anyone could give some guidance as to what exactly causes FSX to throw out those errors or any ideas as to where to start troubleshooting.Here's my system, if it helps:Intel Core 2 Duo E64004 GB RAMNvidia 8800GT (latest 190.62 drivers)Win XP Pro x64Also, if you'd like to see an error log of one of these CTDs, please let me know. Thanks in advance.Kyle

Kyle,Lines coming out of the ground indicate that you are running out of memory. The sound crackling can also be a result of memory starvation or an over loaded graphics bus. Try turning your sliders to the left a little especially the autogen. Also ensure that their are NO other programs running in the background when you run FSX other than FSX related software such as REX or ASA. I would also recommend that you drop back to the 182.50 drivers for your video card.Regards,Bob