Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

CH flight sim yoke USB

Hello I have CH Flight Sim Yoke USB and it has that trim wheel and it keeps on making my plane go crazy it seems to be overiding the flight sim trim control or it is more powerful, is their a way to disable the trim wheel on the yoke?Thank you,Matt Cook

Hi MattI have a similar Yoke. My trim wheel runs very tight, and I barely never use it.What I have been doing is to assign one of the push buttons to simulate electric trim (REPEAT OFF) - pushing down = trim up, pushing up = trim down.It works perfect. :) :)RegardsHenrikBGGH

Guest metamarty

The flight sim yoke trim wheel works by adjusting the neutral point of the elevator axis of the yoke. Therefore, it's not a trim wheel, but just another way of changing the elevator input. It's useful for simple airplane simulations, but not for serious stuff. FS2002 has it's own trim and if you change the fake trim wheel on the yoke, the FS2002 autopilot trim will compansate for the change in input. So my advice, like that of the previous poster, is to set the fake trim to the center position, recalibrate the yoke and use the rocker switch on the yoke as a real trim input.

The analog trim wheel on the CH is much too powerful and does not always return to the same value. A CH tech support person on a presales call a few months ago advised me to leave it centered.If I do use it, then when autopilot is activated, the whell must be recentered slowly otherwise while moving it the autopilot must readjust and purpoising can occur. If you do not center it after engaging autopilot then you or the AP via software trim changes can run out of trim or axis range hitting axis limits.I avoid it!.