Sign in to follow this  
mongo44

Suggestions For Utilities to Tweak FSX and GTX 295 Cards

Hi all:I've been in the process of building a new computer and reinstalling my old FSX stuff, as well as new packages. I put together a system with an ASUS revolution motherboard, i7-920 CPU and two EVGA GTX video cards in SLI configuration. I want to learn how to tweak the video card settings, as well as the FSX settings to get the best performance. Can anyone suggest a place where I might find this information, or a software package, free or pay ware, that will help diagnose and reconfigure my settings.

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Hi all:I've been in the process of building a new computer and reinstalling my old FSX stuff, as well as new packages. I put together a system with an ASUS revolution motherboard, i7-920 CPU and two EVGA GTX video cards in SLI configuration. I want to learn how to tweak the video card settings, as well as the FSX settings to get the best performance. Can anyone suggest a place where I might find this information, or a software package, free or pay ware, that will help diagnose and reconfigure my settings.
Here: Tuning FSXand here: Tuning PC for FSX

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

FSX can not take advantage of two GTX295 video cards. Unless you need them for other games I would send one back.

Guest roddymod
FSX can not take advantage of two GTX295 video cards. Unless you need them for other games I would send one back.
I would send them both back. The 295 is a dual gpu card. FSX will only take advantage of a single gpu so a 385 card is as good as you go for FSX at the moment.Rod.

I would send them both back. The 295 is a dual gpu card. FSX will only take advantage of a single gpu so a 385 card is as good as you go for FSX at the moment.Rod.
I'm not totally sure the responses here are 100% correct. FSX can take advantage of the SLI configuration but only at very high resolutions. If you were to use the 2 295 GTX cards, you would use the SLI connector if you wanted this level of graphics handling. If you configured the two cards in this manner then some processing would enhance FSX performance but not speed.If you only used one 295 GTX with its two GPUs, then I believe you can gain graphics quality and perhaps some performance increases. Remember though, there is very little increase in frame rates using graphics card functionality. The real performance gains with FSX come from RAM speed (FSB) and amounts and use of a high performance CPU. Of course a motherboard supporting increased memory and faster CPUs is a must. I use an ASUS Rampage II extreme motherboard with an Intel i7 (3GHz) CPU plus the single NVidia GTX card along with 12Gb is Corsair RAM. This setup whails FSX like you wouldn't believe. In addition, you'll need a 64-bit OS like Vista to take advantage of the extra memory.fb

Er... did mongo44 say he has two GTX295 cards...? No, he didn't. So that's 3 rather useless replies... READ, people, READ! :( :(Anyway, the links RudiJG1 provided are a good starting point. And btw there is no software that will automatically and magically reconfigure my settings. Which is pretty weird, come to think of it, because why do we have computers...? To get things done in an easier way...! It's indeed pretty strange there isn't a program that tests your hardware and automatically applies the best settings for the best performance...

Guest roddymod
Er... did mongo44 say he has two GTX295 cards...? No, he didn't. So that's 3 rather useless replies... READ, people, READ! :( :(Anyway, the links RudiJG1 provided are a good starting point. And btw there is no software that will automatically and magically reconfigure my settings. Which is pretty weird, come to think of it, because why do we have computers...? To get things done in an easier way...! It's indeed pretty strange there isn't a program that tests your hardware and automatically applies the best settings for the best performance...
I think I read it. Did you ?Rod.