Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

Quest Kodiak Instrumentation

I have had the payware FSX Quest Kodiak Turbprop for several months. I like the product and use it often. However there is one item that has bugged me from the start and has persisted through at least 3 updates. Otherwise everything seems to be very well designed and precise.The Torque gauge needle on the Garmin Display reads only about half scale at the maximum allowable torque as indicated on the digital readout (gauge has both). This makes the analog gauge green and yellow areas pretty much useless in determining the upper torque limits in various phases of flight. (I am assuming the digital readout is intended to be used, as the analog portion has no number indications on it, just the green and yellow areas. Also, performance seems to be correct at the digital settings.)Has anyone heard of a solution to this? Their site does not seem to have a technical support forum.Thanks and Regards,Thrakete

O.K. guys--Thanks for the replies and help.And for the one person who felt compelled to state that it "took all of one minute" for him to find the support site, congratulations on your skill, superior intelligence, etc. I am sure that's what you were waiting for.Regards,Rumpel

O.K. guys--Thanks for the replies and help.And for the one person who felt compelled to state that it "took all of one minute" for him to find the support site, congratulations on your skill, superior intelligence, etc. I am sure that's what you were waiting for.Regards,Rumpel
As he was the first and only to reply you might want to think about the expression "biting the hand that feeds you..." :(

As he was the first and only to reply you might want to think about the expression "biting the hand that feeds you..." :(

MMMM-You are probably right. Even after years on the internet, I sometimes over-react to perceived gratuitous insults, and obviously the overall intentions were good.I apologize for my grouchiness, and thank the poster for his minute.Actually, this was not the only "hand that fed me". I already had the information on that site and another from two other Forums, since I tend to post in more than one place when I look for information.I guess that's a pretty fair indication that I should have found it myself without posting also, so will be more careful in the future.Regards to all, Thrakete

Acknowledge your retraction, but would also suggest you rethink the policy of asking everyone else to waste their time for you, when the solution is right there in front of you. Ultimately it makes you a `taker` not a `giver` - and forum experiences are always more pleasant when you balance the two. Yours... and ours.The Kodiak is a relatively sophisticated addon that benefits from a relatively sophisticated customer having the prescience to appreciate that the manuals may be required, and that assistance may be available for questions. Questions previously asked.Have a nice flight.

N2056, I agree. My retraction/apology was to you, not the kibitzer/lecturer who was not involved, offered no useful information, but felt he had to chime in.Thanks for your input, which was the only useful post in the string.Now can we please close this out and let the forum get back to technical subjects.I won't be monitoring the string anymore, so this one should finish it.Thrakete

Guest ArtieLange
Acknowledge your retraction, but would also suggest you rethink the policy of asking everyone else to waste their time for you, when the solution is right there in front of you. Ultimately it makes you a `taker` not a `giver` - and forum experiences are always more pleasant when you balance the two. Yours... and ours.The Kodiak is a relatively sophisticated addon that benefits from a relatively sophisticated customer having the prescience to appreciate that the manuals may be required, and that assistance may be available for questions. Questions previously asked.Have a nice flight.
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.
Nah not really, Snave just has a way with words thats all. :( Bryan.