Sign in to follow this  
Guest my737sim

Every download says I don't have permission

Guest my737sim

Hey guys, glad to see the library is up and running!Can we download anything? Every time I try any download, I always get an error the same error the minute the redirect sends me to the .zip file:This happens to every file I try to download, below is just an example.You don

Hey guys, glad to see the library is up and running!Can we download anything? Every time I try any download, I always get an error the same error the minute the redirect sends me to the .zip file:This happens to every file I try to download, below is just an example.You don't have permission to open this page.You don't have permission to view "tom225x.zip".Thanks so much! I'll send you guys a donation soon!Matt RigginsMy737Simwww.my737sim.com
What Browser are you using? There are known issues with Google Chrome.Most of the staff here use Firefox - give it a try and be sure you have "cookies" enabled.

And I believe you have to "log in" to the libray in order to be able to download.You may be browsing the library as a "guest" and need to actually log in. If memory serves, the login for the forums is different from the login for the library - i.e. two different logins are required.

Guest my737sim
And I believe you have to "log in" to the libray in order to be able to download.You may be browsing the library as a "guest" and need to actually log in. If memory serves, the login for the forums is different from the login for the library - i.e. two different logins are required.
Hey there, thanks for the tips. I'm definitely logged in, but was using Safari 4.0.3. I tried Firefox and it worked ok. So it's definitely some odd incompatibility between (Chrome) and Safari as well. (Webmasters take a look! :) )Thanks for the tips, I'll use Firefox for checking AVSIM until things can get fixed!Matt Rigginshttp://www.my737sim.com

Hey there, thanks for the tips. I'm definitely logged in, but was using Safari 4.0.3. I tried Firefox and it worked ok. So it's definitely some odd incompatibility between (Chrome) and Safari as well. (Webmasters take a look! :) )Thanks for the tips, I'll use Firefox for checking AVSIM until things can get fixed!Matt Rigginshttp://www.my737sim.com
Glad to hear you got it to work - sure would not want to have another simmer sufferring from "withdrawal symtoms" because they could not download anything!! :(

What you are experiencing is either a cookies issue or an issue with the browser itself. Our files are transferred via ftp so if the browser does not support that transfer method there is nothing we can do. These types of issues are outside our hands there's nothing for us to fix.

Brian Sperduto

At their present releases GoogleChrome and Safari do not work with the AVSIM File Library - they seem to have some problems with ftp and you won't be able to download. Which would make them unusable with downloads on many other sites as well. Why these browsers have been released like this is a mystery............In the case of GoogleChrome you can sometimes download the file after refreshing the page following a failed download attempt. I have no idea what to do to make Safari download. Internet Explorer usually works fine, although it can also give you problems sometimes. Best bet is to use Firefox - http://mozilla.com/products/firefox (it is available for Apple Macs as well), its the most stable browser out there and works well with AVSIM.The main problem you might get with Firefox and AVSIM is a message about cookies not being accepted/allowed. This is usually easily fixable by doing one or both of the following things:-You could delete all the files in your "Temporary Internet Files" folder (and all off-line content and all cookies) - sometimes too many files and cookies here may cause problems or your AVSIM cookies could have been corrupted. Deleting them and starting fresh should solve that. It's generally a good idea to periodically clear your "Temporary Internet Files" folder from time to time. I tend to do it about every two weeks.-Also make sure your browser is configured to accept cookies and third-party cookies - In Firefox you can do this from the menu at the top of your browser: Tools/Options/Privacy, then make sure the two cookie tick boxes are ticked.