Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

PMDG and FSBuild2 Question

Yes of course, many of us use FSBuild2 with PMDG and many other add-ons. For PMDG aircraft, check the PMDG 737 box under the Exports menu in FSBuild2 which will place the properly formated flight-plan in the ..\FS\PMDG\Flightplans directory. This flightplan works for all the the different PMDG aircraft. Not much to it.
I think there is much to it ( at least for me being a newbie ) since I still did not achieve it.If you have time could you give me accurate step by step introductions how you did it ?ThanksRobi77

I think there is much to it ( at least for me being a newbie ) since I still did not achieve it.If you have time could you give me accurate step by step introductions how you did it ?ThanksRobi77
Is this for FS9 or FSX? Please post the exact path to your Flightsim install directory such as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim\Also, it would help if you could post the contents of our FSBuild config file found ..\FSBuild2\FSBuild2.cfg in your reply as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Is this for FS9 or FSX? Please post the exact path to your Flightsim install directory such as "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim\Also, it would help if you could post the contents of our FSBuild config file found ..\FSBuild2\FSBuild2.cfg in your reply as well.
Here are the infos:1) FSBuild downloaded to c:\ProgramFile\FSBuild I assume this is correct2) It is for FSX with the following path: c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator3) I want to download the flightplan to c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PMDG\Flightplans ( it is here where many flightplans are located. )The FSBuild Config File :[FSBUILD]AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1MAGYEAR=2002SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.netROUTELINE=1NATRAKURL=www.natroutes.glideslope.de/html/nats.php3[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR][FLY!][PS1][X-PLANE][sTARTUP]CLEARMAP_BEFORE_BUILDDISPRTEWPTSONMAPAUTOREFRESH_ON I appreciate your answerRobi77

Robi77,Per Al's question ... where is MSFSX located?Just to verify on your computer it is exactly:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulatorNot:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator Xand not:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim XThe reason I ask is because:On the FSBuild forum you wanted to export to:c:\Programs\MicrosoftGames\MSFX\PMDG\Flightplans Now you said:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PMDG\Flightplans ( it is here wheremany flightplans are located. )So, Al needs exact file locations, they are very important now.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Robi77,Per Al's question ... where is MSFSX located?Just to verify on your computer it is exactly:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulatorNot:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator Xand not:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim X
OK, good. Sorry, I need one more piece of info. What is the exact path to your FSX flighplans directory under your "My Documents" folder. It should be something like "C:\Documents & Settings\%USERNAME%\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Flightplans\". Once I have this, I'm going to post the contents of a new FSBuild2.cfg for you that should get you going.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

a little bit off topic:does fsbuild use real world routes?is it worth the money for pmdg flights?

a little bit off topic:does fsbuild use real world routes?is it worth the money for pmdg flights?
It is one of the first flightplan programs to support many different aircraft and has a long history but a somewhat antique interface and flow. It is somewhat cumbersome to learn but it is one of the best for generating accurate flightplans. Yes, you can paste flightplan strings directly into the program and press build and export. I generally get my flightplans from FlightAware.com and paste it in directly.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

a little bit off topic:does fsbuild use real world routes?****It builds a custom route per your imput .. for example with STAR or not.You can Cut a route from the web and paste it into the planner .. then it builds it for your aircraft (altitude/fuel usage etc)is it worth the money for pmdg flights?*** IMO, Yes

Best Regards,

Al,I added this to my previous post during your reply:The reason I ask is because:On the FSBuild forum you wanted to export to:c:\Programs\MicrosoftGames\MSFX\PMDG\FlightplansNow you said:c:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftGames\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PMDG\Flightplans ( it is here wheremany flightplans are located. )So, Al needs exact file locations, they are very important now. ** His paths have changed a few times .. maybe he could do a screenshot for you of the important paths?

Best Regards,

OK, good. Sorry, I need one more piece of info. What is the exact path to your FSX flighplans directory under your "My Documents" folder. It should be something like "C:\Documents & Settings\%USERNAME%\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Flightplans\". Once I have this, I'm going to post the contents of a new FSBuild2.cfg for you that should get you going.
Here it is: c:\DocumentsAndSettings\UserName\MyDocuments\FlightSimulatorXFiles ( but there is nothing of FlightSimulatorX Flightplans )

Here it is: c:\DocumentsAndSettings\UserName\MyDocuments\FlightSimulatorXFiles ( but there is nothing of FlightSimulatorX Flightplans )
OK, I am going to assume that you're dropping spaces in these paths when you reply here. That doesn't help as the config I post for you will not work if I dont have the exact paths; probably a forum-text issue.Paste the paths again in a forum code-box (icon ^^^ far-right, just above the forum reply box - looks like a paper scroll) Put the requested info between the code and /code boxes that get pasted into your reply when you press the icon. This will keep all the necessary spelling. The most accurate way to get these two paths is to navigate to them with Windows Explorer and then highlight the path in the address bar at the top of the explorer window and press Ctrl-C (to copy). Then in the reply box, between the code brackets, Ctrl-V to paste. That way there are no errors. Example
FSX Install path = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim X\FSX Flightplans path = C:\Documents & Settings\YOURNAME\Flight Simulator X\Flightplans\

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

OK, I am going to assume that you're dropping spaces in these paths when you reply here. That doesn't help as the config I post for you will not work if I dont have the exact paths; probably a forum-text issue.Paste the paths again in a forum code-box (icon ^^^ far-right, just above the forum reply box - looks like a paper scroll) Put the requested info between the code and /code boxes that get pasted into your reply when you press the icon. This will keep all the necessary spelling. The most accurate way to get these two paths is to navigate to them with Windows Explorer and then highlight the path in the address bar at the top of the explorer window and press Ctrl-C (to copy). Then in the reply box, between the code brackets, Ctrl-V to paste. That way there are no errors. Example
FSX Install path = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft FlightSim X\ FSX Flightplans path = C:\Documents & Settings\YOURNAME\Flight Simulator X\Flightplans\

Dude, did you copy my previous code-text and post it right back? YOURNAME needs to be your account name under your Docs & Settings folder. You've got 4 or 5 different FSX paths as well. I'm almost ready to stop assisting.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Dude, did you copy my previous code-text and post it right back? YOURNAME needs to be your account name under your Docs & Settings folder. You've got 4 or 5 different FSX paths as well. I'm almost ready to stop assisting.
Below are the exact pathsC:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XC:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS