Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

library down?

Many do not understand the complexities of such a system that AVSIM has put in place.NAS stands for NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE. It's just that, an expandable storage system that can be used or accessd by multiple servers at one time. The NAS it appears stores the files handled by the library system. If the server does not initialize the connection to the NAS storage properly or at all, then we will see no files for the library.I work in SMB (Small Medium Business) IT Support/Managed Services and this is a familiar issue. Give AVSIM credit for getting such a system in place, there is ALWAYS growing pains with new technology and new hardware.My explanation may fall on deaf ears, none the less, AVSIM staff (VOLUNTEERS!!!) I am sure are doing all they can to get the system back online. Take a breather, check once a day if nothing new check back later.

Guest Gary Buska
Many do not understand the complexities of such a system that AVSIM has put in place.NAS stands for NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE. It's just that, an expandable storage system that can be used or accessd by multiple servers at one time. The NAS it appears stores the files handled by the library system. If the server does not initialize the connection to the NAS storage properly or at all, then we will see no files for the library.I work in SMB (Small Medium Business) IT Support/Managed Services and this is a familiar issue. Give AVSIM credit for getting such a system in place, there is ALWAYS growing pains with new technology and new hardware.My explanation may fall on deaf ears, none the less, AVSIM staff (VOLUNTEERS!!!) I am sure are doing all they can to get the system back online. Take a breather, check once a day if nothing new check back later.
Thank you Jason for the explanation These issues have a way of getting out of hand and some of the post here start to get rude and unfriendly. But that is when I will step in as moderator

Thank you Jason for the explanation These issues have a way of getting out of hand and some of the post here start to get rude and unfriendly. But that is when I will step in as moderator
I am not a rude. I'm just asking what is NAS and why it takes so long. I really don't know what it is and why long time. Jason just explained and now I get it. I didn't know. OK? I hope your server is back soon this week. Good luck.Stuart

Hi Stuart,It would seem that communication in a forum setting does not always convey the posters real message or feeling on the matter. It's always a good idea to keep a level head and post in a way that won't provoke others to take you in a 'rude' way, many times it is difficult to tell. I'm glad my explanation helped you understand the situation, and I don't think you were being rude, and I don't think Gary thought you meant to be rude either. Otherwise I believe he would have warned you directly!!In any case it's nice to see the concern and indeed the popularity of the AVSIM Library, it means it's will be around for a long time to come, because of the support given.

Guest FxF3

I just want to thank AVSIM for all the great FREE downloads. And the way you guys keep us up to date on everything even when the system is down.Great Site and great Job guys and gals.

Guest Chris1

HIyou are doing a great Job guys keep it up hope it all works out.