Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

library down?

Dont want to cause major panic and maybe just some restructuring going on got warning on all files that "oops not found" and now cant connect - hope nothing serious after all the time and effort uguys have put in

Guest transnationalvirtual

It is down again. My browser window says "Something broke... a database error occurred". I hope AVSIM didn't get hacked again.EDIT: It's back now.

I'm getting the "Oops file not found" message when trying to download some of the files made available today.

Alexander Alonso

I'm getting the "Oops file not found" message when trying to download some of the files made available today.
Same here...

We are aware of the issues and have been working the problem, no estimate at this time as to when we can resolve the issues.

Brian Sperduto

We are aware of the issues and have been working the problem, no estimate at this time as to when we can resolve the issues.
Than you for the situation update Brian, from a fellow, now ex resident, of Indiana ( just S. of Greencastle ), living in the armpit of the great lakes!Best regards,Mel

Guest JuanCampestre

What's happening with the library??? In ev'ry download link I go, the message "file no longer exist"?? I hope no hackers again......

Guest crashingbill001
It is down again. My browser window says "Something broke... a database error occurred". I hope AVSIM didn't get hacked again.EDIT: It's back now.
Do have the same problem; oct 13 - 08 am (GMT + 2)Regards,Frank

Here's the announcement from the main page:************File Library NOTAMPosted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 8:23Please be advised the file library is currently down for a quick repair. We are aware of a minor glitch in the library coding and are working diligently to reinstate full functionality. Thank you in advance for your patience and please do check back soon.************I have no other details. Hopefully the library will be back soon.

Guest TJYYGZUB

I have the same problem, i notice that nearly every file is missing and or cannot download it?Any info on whats happening?

Here's the announcement from the main page:************File Library NOTAMPosted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 8:23Please be advised the file library is currently down for a quick repair. We are aware of a minor glitch in the library coding and are working diligently to reinstate full functionality. Thank you in advance for your patience and please do check back soon.************I have no other details. Hopefully the library will be back soon.
Not to be a pain...but I have reset my cookies, browser settings etc, and I don't see the above post on the Avsim Home page. Maybe it's just me...thanks for your time.Bruce L.

Bruce Leehan

Guest JuanCampestre

Thanks for the information, I hope library will be back soon!!!! :(

Not to be a pain...but I have reset my cookies, browser settings etc, and I don't see the above post on the Avsim Home page. Maybe it's just me...thanks for your time.Bruce L.
The initial announcement was taken down, here's the new one:**************The Library is Offline TemporarilyPosted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 0:37Yes, the library is offline. You may have noticed that we announced that it was back, but that was a temporary thing. Here's the deal... Yesterday we had to reboot our file library server. When it came back up, it conveniently forgot to bring the NAS disk system back with it. We have been struggling a little bit to get the NAS back, and we expect to have it online tomorrow. We are sorry for the interruption in service, of course, but the community needs to understand that we are still working out the bugs that carry over from the destruction of AVSIM in May. We will get there, but ask for your patience in the meantime. More news on the library later tomorrow.**************

The initial announcement was taken down, here's the new one:**************The Library is Offline TemporarilyPosted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 0:37Yes, the library is offline. You may have noticed that we announced that it was back, but that was a temporary thing. Here's the deal... Yesterday we had to reboot our file library server. When it came back up, it conveniently forgot to bring the NAS disk system back with it. We have been struggling a little bit to get the NAS back, and we expect to have it online tomorrow. We are sorry for the interruption in service, of course, but the community needs to understand that we are still working out the bugs that carry over from the destruction of AVSIM in May. We will get there, but ask for your patience in the meantime. More news on the library later tomorrow.**************
Today, Sunday, October 18. It wasn't back later today it was last Wednesday still 4 days delay. I don't understand why it takes a long time NAS drive doesn't do faster downloading it is very slow downloading to server.... I don't see any my DVD, CD, or downloading a lot of slower or forever. It takes a few minutes sometimes 15 minutes if it is big bytes downloading. What's this NAS? Is that 10 trillion bytes takes a few days downloading? I just don't understand that take sooooo long time. Hmm?Stuart