Sign in to follow this  
Gazguzzler

747-400 installation issue

Hi all,I have just purchased the PMDG 747-400 for FS9. When I install I get the following message: -"FS9 version 9.1.0.40901 (FS9.1 at least)required. You only have FS9 Version 9.0.0.30612 installed. Please install FS9.1 or later to use this product."I have checked the "about" tab in FS9 and it states FS9.1.0.4090101 is installed, I have also installed FSUIPC v3.93Can anyone help me out here please?Gary Hanson

Gary, if you are using a crack that allows launching FS9 without the CD the PMDG installers do not honor the cheat.If not, try the free registry repair tool at Flight1. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gary, if you are using a crack that allows launching FS9 without the CD the PMDG installers do not honor the cheat.If not, try the free registry repair tool at Flight1. Hope this helps.
Hi Dan,No, I use the CD for launching and have used the the registry repair tool also. Still no luck.appreciate any other ideas you may have?Thanks & regardsGary

This issue comes up almost once a month, so might try an advanced search in the pmdg forum for FS9.1 installation errors. I'm sure there's a few more ideas, but my memory is not of any help. Also, someone will come along this thread sooner or later and help out as well. Finally, you can email pmdg support but be sure you get an automatic response.

Dan Downs KCRP

This issue comes up almost once a month, so might try an advanced search in the pmdg forum for FS9.1 installation errors. I'm sure there's a few more ideas, but my memory is not of any help. Also, someone will come along this thread sooner or later and help out as well. Finally, you can email pmdg support but be sure you get an automatic response.
Hi Dan,Thanks for the info, I have searched through the pmdg forum but no luck. I have emailed pmdg support, here's hoping they can help out!Ps. anyone else with any ideas please shout out.Thanks again Dan,RegardsGary

Hey Gary, I am pretty sure I know the problem and fix, unfortunately you will have to reinstall most likely. The problem is more often the registry from the first FS9 installation. You can try to run a registry cleaner without reinstalling it but if it still fails, uninstall - clear out any left over folder and files, also the ones in your Document and setting (or user/app data/roaming etc.. for Vista) reboot, run the registry cleaner -reboot, reinstall, no issues.Here is a free registry cleaner I use. Works great.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hey Gary,I am pretty sure I know the problem and fix, unfortunately you will have to reinstall most likely. The problem is more often the registry from the first FS9 installation. You can try to run a registry cleaner without reinstalling it but if it still fails, uninstall - clear out any left over folder and files, also the ones in your Document and setting (or user/app data/roaming etc.. for Vista) reboot, run the registry cleaner -reboot, reinstall, no issues.Here is a free registry cleaner I use. Works great.
Hi Dan,Thanks for the info, I want to avoid a reinstall if possible, I have a lot of addons and downloaded files off avsim/flightsim. :( I have been doing some digging and found that in the properties of my FS9.exe file it states that the version is still v9.0. Anyone got any ideas how to overcome this, I think this is the root cause?RegardsGary

Do you have FS9 in it's default folder? If not (preferably not), try to run the patch again, perhaps the patch didn't take the 1st time because it wasn't targeted correctly? If your unable, try to uninstall the patch, you should be able to, then repatch.Good luck!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Do you have FS9 in it's default folder? If not (preferably not), try to run the patch again, perhaps the patch didn't take the 1st time because it wasn't targeted correctly? If your unable, try to uninstall the patch, you should be able to, then repatch.Good luck!
Hi Dan,FS9 is in the default folder (why do you say preferably not)?I have un-installed the patch and re-run several times both within and outside the FS9 folder with no joy.I have now backed up my entire FS9 folder to a remote HD, un-installed FS9 completely and in the process of re-installing!!Ps. I also ran the eusing registery cleaner before biting the bullet to un-install FS9.I will let you all know how I get on :( CheersGary

Hope you ran the reg cleaner after the uninstall, if thats what you mean, haha.Anywho, It's no biggie on the location of the install really, but if you use Vista it's better to go outside of the Program(x86) folders. I use it so have learned, just to be safe.Good luck on the reinstall, fingures are crossed for ya ;)

Dan Prunier

Are you positive you're not using the FS 9.0 no-CD exe? That is the only thing I've ever seen cause this error. If you use a no-CD exe, it MUST be the FS 9.1 one, not the 9.0 one.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Are you positive you're not using the FS 9.0 no-CD exe? That is the only thing I've ever seen cause this error. If you use a no-CD exe, it MUST be the FS 9.1 one, not the 9.0 one.
Hi Dan,Yeap, ran the reg cleaner after the uninstall, I'm on XP so OK with locations.The fault lay with all the .dll files in my modules folder not having been updated to v9.1, to overcome this I had to back-up my FS9 and then reinstall FS9 and run the FS9.1 update.Now I have to bring back in my addons :( Thanks for all your advice and support, its very much appreciated :( Ps. the PMDG747-400 flies great and was worth the trouble I went through.Pps. Bryan, just FYI, I don't use the no-CD option.Regards & happy flying !!!Gary