Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jordanal

JS-41 FMC - Flight Planning

[Edit:] Sorry - Subject should read "Arrival" wipes FPHi all,While enjoying the JS-41 this past weekend, I came back across something that seemed a bit odd to me which I had seen a couple of times since the realese of the JS41. I don't think it's related to any specific FP or how a given FP is originaly generated.While still on the ground, during the departure porition of my flight, I populate the FMC with a particular FSBuild FP and press 'Select' and it becomes active - no problem there. Then I modify the atcive FP by pressing 'Depart' and chose my desired departure runway and coresponding SID if applicable - no problem. Then I chose 'Approach' and select my desired STAR - no problem, appends to the active FP as expected.But, when I next chose 'Arrival' (while still on the ground only) and chose a rwy/ILS, it wipes the active FP, except for the departure and arrival airport names. I then have to go back and reselect the desired FP and start over.It doesn't seem to matter if I select the Approach or the Arrival first - while on the ground, selecting an arrival wipes the active FP. Once I am airborne, I can freely select the 'Arrival' and it appends to the active FP as expected. This seems illogical and I thought worth reporting as potential bug.Can anyone else reproduce this? Select an arrival while still on the ground and it wipes your active FP? :(

Regards,
Al Jordan
------------
KMLB

Thanks Vaughan, that does sound similar but not exactly the same issue. I'm alway pressing enter and I'm not leaving the FPL screens. But when I select an arrival while still on the ground at the departure airport, it wipes the FP. Right after I get airborne, I can select an arrival and it appends just fine. Something doesn't seem quite right.

Regards,
Al Jordan
------------
KMLB