Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Do you use the Majestic Pilot Dash 8 with a GO Flight module?

Help.... I'm really over my head on this one. I just purchased the Majestic Dash -8 , Pilot version and when I installed it my Go Flight throttles nor my computer mouse with work the throttles ???? There is a notepad message inclosed, labeled "throttle .ini", with a ton of numbers on it, BUT no instructions on how to set up my Go Flight throttles. Even when I'm in the cockpit the mouse will not move them. I have also written to Majestic.com for help but I have not heard from them as yet. Does anyone have this aircraft and the Go Flight throttles and can tell me how to set them up. Thanks jerrycwo4

Help.... I'm really over my head on this one. I just purchased the Majestic Dash -8 , Pilot version and when I installed it my Go Flight throttles nor my computer mouse with work the throttles ???? There is a notepad message inclosed, labeled "throttle .ini", with a ton of numbers on it, BUT no instructions on how to set up my Go Flight throttles. Even when I'm in the cockpit the mouse will not move them. I have also written to Majestic.com for help but I have not heard from them as yet. Does anyone have this aircraft and the Go Flight throttles and can tell me how to set them up. Thanks jerrycwo4
HelloThere is extensive documentation available in the aircaft folder, even a document entitled "INI File throttles Readme.txt" and "INI file description.txtYou need to set up your throttles to control Engines 3 and 4 and Props 3 and 4 NOT 1 and 2 as in other aircraft.Don't worry that one catches out many users and should be better explained to the new user.Read the documentation in the aircraft folder, the ini file is explained in there.Put simply the throttle.ini sets up how the onscreen throttle positions correspond to your actual hardware throttle lever positionsAlso read the Majestic Forum "General Discussion Q3" section from start to finish.I would advise using Fsuipc to set up and calibrate your throttle You will also be able to utilise your goflight modules with Fsuipc.This Addon rewards you in proportion to the effort you put into learning it but it is worth it.

Guest over and out

However, if you use FSUIPC there is a conflict with the GoFlight programming software (unless there is a new patch I dont know about) and you will have to not use the GoFlight set up software and set up each of your planes with FSUIPC. this is unfortunate since the GoFlight software is so easy to use to assign configurations. In other words you can not use FSUIPC and the GoFlight software together to fine tune your set up for a particular plane.

HelloThere is extensive documentation available in the aircaft folder, even a document entitled "INI File throttles Readme.txt" and "INI file description.txtYou need to set up your throttles to control Engines 3 and 4 and Props 3 and 4 NOT 1 and 2 as in other aircraft.Don't worry that one catches out many users and should be better explained to the new user.Read the documentation in the aircraft folder, the ini file is explained in there.Put simply the throttle.ini sets up how the onscreen throttle positions correspond to your actual hardware throttle lever positionsAlso read the Majestic Forum "General Discussion Q3" section from start to finish.I would advise using Fsuipc to set up and calibrate your throttle You will also be able to utilise your goflight modules with Fsuipc.This Addon rewards you in proportion to the effort you put into learning it but it is worth it.

However, if you use FSUIPC there is a conflict with the GoFlight programming software (unless there is a new patch I dont know about) and you will have to not use the GoFlight set up software and set up each of your planes with FSUIPC. this is unfortunate since the GoFlight software is so easy to use to assign configurations. In other words you can not use FSUIPC and the GoFlight software together to fine tune your set up for a particular plane.
HelloI use Fsuipc and the Goflight software together successfully, just make sure that you dont assign any functions in the Goflight software if you are going to programme the same button or switch in Fsuipc.The Majestic aircraft is not able to be used with the goflight software as it uses custom programming.However using Fsuipc macros it is possible to program most functions for use with Goflight hardware.

Guest over and out

Hmmm. I had the Wilco CRJ 200, 700 and 900. And for some reason the throttles do not work with the GoFlight GF-TQ6 for the 700 and 900 variants. But they do work for the 200. When I tried to use FSUIPC there was a conflict between the two programs. I could be wrong but I think this info can be found on the GoFlight site. I had problems with it. Maybe I did something wrong but I tried and searched for a fix but just ended up flying the CRJ 200.So you are able to program a different bottons on the same module using both the GoFlight software and FSUIPC? For example, ste up the throttles in the GoFlight and fine tune them with FSUIPC?

Hmmm. I had the Wilco CRJ 200, 700 and 900. And for some reason the throttles do not work with the GoFlight GF-TQ6 for the 700 and 900 variants. But they do work for the 200. When I tried to use FSUIPC there was a conflict between the two programs. I could be wrong but I think this info can be found on the GoFlight site. I had problems with it. Maybe I did something wrong but I tried and searched for a fix but just ended up flying the CRJ 200.So you are able to program a different bottons on the same module using both the GoFlight software and FSUIPC? For example, ste up the throttles in the GoFlight and fine tune them with FSUIPC?
HelloI only have GF-166 , GF-46 , GF-48 and GF-MCP Adv, So I have not got to try with the GF throttleThe Wilco CRJ's were problematical to set up throttles due to the FADEC programming.I can use Fsuipc on the same module though, for example leaving the buttons on the GF-48 programmed throughthe Goflight software and programming the rotarys with Fsuipc.

Guest over and out
HelloI only have GF-166 , GF-46 , GF-48 and GF-MCP Adv, So I have not got to try with the GF throttleThe Wilco CRJ's were problematical to set up throttles due to the FADEC programming.I can use Fsuipc on the same module though, for example leaving the buttons on the GF-48 programmed throughthe Goflight software and programming the rotarys with Fsuipc.
I'll have to take another look at it.