Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vololiberista

Am I lost?

Pretty much correct!!It was their intercontinental departure complex!Vololiberista
So not too much different from the current T2 mess then ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

So, in terms of passenger comfort, not much has changed, heh?I recently flew into LHR and was walking to customs from the arrival gate. Two gentlemen were behind me talking about Heathrow Airport. Both were architects. One said to the other; "They should plow the entire airport down and start over". Coming from an architect, that left an impression on me. I have flown in there, on average, of 6 to 8 times a year since 1981 and I have to agree with them.

So, in terms of passenger comfort, not much has changed, heh?I recently flew into LHR and was walking to customs from the arrival gate. Two gentlemen were behind me talking about Heathrow Airport. Both were architects. One said to the other; "They should plow the entire airport down and start over". Coming from an architect, that left an impression on me. I have flown in there, on average, of 6 to 8 times a year since 1981 and I have to agree with them.
From a pilot's point of view it is a very easy airport to negotiate. And if you know "other" entrances it's very easy for passengers too!!!T5 however makes it very long drive to rwy 27L/R for take off!Vololiberista

3VlzBGn.jpg?1

Super VC10 into LOWI with PF3 at a cinema near you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298UDyNmgUA