Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markturner

Why do i keep getting different .cfg entries for display device added to my .cfg folder?

Hi, I have noticed that I have several entries for dispaly device, all numbered differently in my .cfg file. i have not added them, or changed my resolution or settings. If I delete them, they also appear to return mysteriously. Why is this and are they needed and how do I stop it? I have also noticed that if I open the settings section, it will show different settings to what I used originally.For some reason, the setting shown in the GUI does not appear in game, i just checked now for example in my .cfg file, found 2 entries for different resolutions (1920 and 1280) so deleted them, went into FSX and in the settings GUI, my screen res was shown as 1280 x 800 and bilinear ( yet i set it to 2560 x 1600 anisotropic) yet in game, I was definitely running at 2560 x 1600. Obviously it was difficult to say wether the filtering was anisotropic or bilinear, but the resolution was definitely not 1280 x 800.They seem to get added at the bottom of the list of settings in the .cfg file and are numbered 0.0, 0.1 etcI cant understand what is happening...

Do you have a second monitor or a device that can display an image connected to the PC? On my fsx.cfg those settings pertain to my second monitor.

Guest UlfB

If you fly in DX10 mode you'll get an extra display setting for DX10. So you'll have two display settings in your fsx.cfg file. You use a twin GPU card. Maybe FSX will create an entry for each GPU. Do you have 4 display entries in fsx.cfg?I have no idea why the display settings GUI in FSX doesn't show the correct resolution. Did you choose the different devices in the drop down list in the GUI and check them all?

Thanks for the quick replies! I am running in DX10 mode and I do have 2 monitors plugged in.So that explains the 1920 x 1600 entry ( for the second monitor I guess), but still a mystery as to why the entry with 1280 x 800 setting.My display GUI shows the devices numbered as 0.0 & 0.1, so I set the preferred settings on each and quit the game. When I checked the .cfg file, sure enough , I have 4 entries. I think that must be it Ulf, one for each GPU and this time, I did not get the 1280 x 800 entry. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens!thanks for the help guys!