Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Correct Shut down for Jetstream?

Correct Shut down for the pmdg jetstream?Hi guys,When i load the tutorial for the jetstream, the engines are off, cold and dark,, fine...this means that when it comes to engine start, they start fine :)HOWEVER, if i load in a custom flight,the engines start on. i go on the over head and click STOP.. the engines shut down.BUT when it comes to engine start through my custom flight, they do not start properly and everntually will catch on fire,.Am i doing something wrong??? [remember i can start them fine in the tutorial flight]What can I do?Alex Ridge

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Correct Shut down for the pmdg jetstream?Hi guys,When i load the tutorial for the jetstream, the engines are off, cold and dark,, fine...this means that when it comes to engine start, they start fine :)HOWEVER, if i load in a custom flight,the engines start on. i go on the over head and click STOP.. the engines shut down.BUT when it comes to engine start through my custom flight, they do not start properly and everntually will catch on fire,.Am i doing something wrong??? [remember i can start them fine in the tutorial flight]What can I do?Alex Ridge
Need some further information to help. If they started in the tutorial then should start after shut down. Did you ensure the props are on the locks at shutdown? If so, then please list step by step the shutdown and start up procedure your using.

I think I know what is going on, the EGT must be below 200 for a proper engine start, so after just shutting off the engines you will have to wait until the EGT goes to below 200 before attempting a start again.Robert Deichert

I think I know what is going on, the EGT must be below 200 for a proper engine start, so after just shutting off the engines you will have to wait until the EGT goes to below 200 before attempting a start again.Robert Deichert
Yes and also the following (from Dan's pinned message above):The geared turboprop may be new to some of you, it has been for me. I want to give you a heads up about something called STOP LOCKS. These are mechanical latches on the props that hold the blade in flat pitch and they are required because:1) Loss of oil pressure in the prop dome causes the blades to feather (this means they align with the airflow and present minimum drag desired if engine is out).2) The electric starter/generator does not have enough power to spin feathered blades up to speed for start, the blades have to be in flat pitch.The reason this is important is because if you try to start when not in the stop locks, then it will simply crank until the starter shaft overheats and it will shear.