Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris41

FS9 Scenery Library

Just wondering if flight sim would run better on my system if I disabled areas/sceneries not currently being used by myself. Example: If I am flying in South America should I disable default sceneries in the Scenery Library such as "Western North America", "Eastern Europe", "Africa", etc? Would disabling these increase Flight simulator performance?Thanks,Chris Porter

Just wondering if flight sim would run better on my system if I disabled areas/sceneries not currently being used by myself. Example: If I am flying in South America should I disable default sceneries in the Scenery Library such as "Western North America", "Eastern Europe", "Africa", etc? Would disabling these increase Flight simulator performance?Thanks,Chris Porter
I believe you will find it impossible to disable those entries which FS considers "required".Some of us do use multiple scenery.cfg files (covering different groups of addon scenery) with the goal of decreasing initial loading times (less which needs to be "checked") rather than seeking an overall performance increase.My 2 cents worth.

I do this all the time, and load times seems to be slightly lower, but not much.You can do it and try.. no harm.