Sign in to follow this  
lbarber

J41: Not Wanting To Select A SID/STAR

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but when I select a departure runway at an airport with SIDs in the db, the FMC seems to force me to select a SID and transition. Same thing happens if I try to select a runway/approach at the arrival airport that has STARs. Is there a way around this if I don't want to fly the SID/STAR but want to input the runway and/or approach. Cheers,-Lee

Skip the Arrival and Departure selection. It isn't needed.Simply start with the first fix in your flightplan, and once airborne you can use the FMS to fly direct to the fix or intercept a bearing to the fix.As for arrivals, you could just select an approach without arrival. These are two different LSB actions.Don't forget to sign your full name in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry for the OT postLee, I would gues from your username that you are a physicist or a chemist?Andrew

Or he just likes funny synthesized element names from the periodic table :)The runway entry in the J41 is entirely irrelevant if you're not selecting a SID with it - that's why it's tied to it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, good point... just guessing, as it is the sort of geeky thing that physicists and we chemists might find funny...:(Andrew