Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnE

Windows 7 713 error

I did this fine with Vista64 but I just can't seem to make this work in Windows7 64. I downloaded the MSSTDFMT.DLL file and placed it in my SysWOW64 folder and followed the instructions in the sticky but I keep getting a RegSvr32 error stating:"The module "MSSTDFMT.DLL" may not be compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."It says to ignore the error message but RC keeps giving me the 713 error. Where can I find the right dll? or is it something else?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I did this fine with Vista64 but I just can't seem to make this work in Windows7 64. I downloaded the MSSTDFMT.DLL file and placed it in my SysWOW64 folder and followed the instructions in the sticky but I keep getting a RegSvr32 error stating:"The module "MSSTDFMT.DLL" may not be compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."It says to ignore the error message but RC keeps giving me the 713 error. Where can I find the right dll? or is it something else?
there is only one dlli've not seen that error before, i have run 64 bit versions of vista and windows 7.the file is in \syswow64 right?your dos prompt is started as admin, right?you navigate in the dos window to \syswow64, right?can you send me a screen shot of the dos window, and the error message, with your command line visible?jd

I got it, I downloaded from a different site with a version #6.00.84506, not sure if it was that or my original DL was corrupt. Sorry to bug you JD, hope your feeling better.