Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

TrackIR 4 Pro not detected in FSX anymore

G'day all,Sorry, I know this post is coming in a little late but I had the exact same issue a fair while ago and posted my findings on NaturalPoint's TrackIR forums.To get to the point without any boring details...-> Check your Windows Vista UAC settings. If you disabled it, re-enable it again. <-Now if you want to read more, here's the boring details ...Some time after installing and using my TrackIR 4, I was still tweaking my PC and decided to disable UAC because it sounded sensible (come on, UAC is annoying!). A little while later after that I tried to use my TrackIR but it was "dead / unresponsive" and proceed to do all that you described. Except, I didn't reinstall FSX. After a bit of brainscratching, I suddenly remembered what had changed since I last used the TrackIR : I disabled UAC. So, disbelieving but willing to try, I reluctantly re-enabled UAC and voila my TrackIR was working again! :( As I said, I informed NaturalPoint via their forums, but they seem sceptical. Still, its worth looking at.Still love my TrackIR. Can't fly without it.

G'day all,Sorry, I know this post is coming in a little late but I had the exact same issue a fair while ago and posted my findings on NaturalPoint's TrackIR forums.To get to the point without any boring details...-> Check your Windows Vista UAC settings. If you disabled it, re-enable it again. <-Now if you want to read more, here's the boring details ...Some time after installing and using my TrackIR 4, I was still tweaking my PC and decided to disable UAC because it sounded sensible (come on, UAC is annoying!). A little while later after that I tried to use my TrackIR but it was "dead / unresponsive" and proceed to do all that you described. Except, I didn't reinstall FSX. After a bit of brainscratching, I suddenly remembered what had changed since I last used the TrackIR : I disabled UAC. So, disbelieving but willing to try, I reluctantly re-enabled UAC and voila my TrackIR was working again! :( As I said, I informed NaturalPoint via their forums, but they seem sceptical. Still, its worth looking at.Still love my TrackIR. Can't fly without it.
Wow, that's great info - thanks for sharing!! Actually I did lots of searching over NaturalPoint's forums but unfortunately I never found your thread. Very annoying considering the amount of hours I put into re-installing everything if the problem could have been solved as easy as you describe but since I also recently did some hardware changes to my FS rig I guess a clean installation still was a good thing to do...at least that is what I try to tell myself :(Anyway I will definitely remember to try this should the problem re-appear. Currently I have UAC enabled but in the past I have also ran TrackIR successfully with UAC disabled so seems your finding is in combination with maybe some other parameters as well. Anyway GREAT info for anyone else who suddenly face this problem!!

Richard Åsberg

Wow, that's great info - thanks for sharing!! Actually I did lots of searching over NaturalPoint's forums but unfortunately I never found your thread. Very annoying considering the amount of hours I put into re-installing everything if the problem could have been solved as easy as you describe but since I also recently did some hardware changes to my FS rig I guess a clean installation still was a good thing to do...at least that is what I try to tell myself :(Anyway I will definitely remember to try this should the problem re-appear. Currently I have UAC enabled but in the past I have also ran TrackIR successfully with UAC disabled so seems your finding is in combination with maybe some other parameters as well. Anyway GREAT info for anyone else who suddenly face this problem!!
Hi,Another latecomer to this thread. Just thought I would chip in as the UAC solution would not help me.I have the same problem: TrackIR Pro 4.1 Build 37 is failing to connect to FSX. Seems fine with FS9, however.I haven't been simming for a while, but my installations remained intact on my HD. I'm still on XP Home SP3 and both FSX and FS9 run as well as ever apart from this problem with TrackIR and FSX (BTW I always disconnect TrackIR from its USB port when I'm not using it).I note that everything works as it should in the TrackIR software GUI. I start TrackIR first and then FSX. When FS9 is loading after a flight is chosen/set up I note that the name of the sim (FS 2004) appears against "Current game:" under the 'Main' tab in TrackIR. In the case of FSX this stubbornly remains as "None".I have a couple of other programs that, I believe, link using Simconnect (REX FSX, while using their weather engine and Active Sky Evolution) so I'm forced to assume that Simconnect is not the problem, at least not as I understand it. I came across recent additions (7/10) to a thread started in 12/08 in the TrackIR forum ( http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=33908 ) and the impression given from Vincent's responses appear to suggest that the TrackIR team are not altogether familiar with this problem. Rather alarmingly, the solution involved reinstalling FSX!! For me that's a definite no no. I hate to say it but perhaps this is yet another reason to keep using good old reliable FS9 ;) To be fair, FSX also runs well within the constraints imposed by my ageing, but still capable system. It would certainly be nice to see TrackIR working again.Anyway, just hoping someone has come across a less draconian solution for this issue.Mike

Hi,All of a sudden I have the problem that FSX will not detect my TrackIR 4 Pro anymore. I did however since my last flight when all worked fine replace my FSX HDD with a new one but I'm not sure if that could be related to this problem in any way? Everything else in FSX works just fine since the HDD swap and I simply copied all files from the old drive to a temp backup drive and then back to the new drive.I'm running FSX SP2 on Windows 7 64-bit and using the 4.1 Build 37 TrackIR software since I have problems with lots of erratic movements in FSX when using the latest TrackIR software.Thanks alot in advance for your help how to get FSX detect my TrackIR again!//Richard
I too have been having this problem and have researched this forum and the natural point forum extensively. http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=33908 However when I checked the folders mentioned on the NP forum, Windows\WinSXS folder, I found three copies of the SimConnect.dll file in three separate subfolders. Looking at the version numbers of all three, I kept the newest one and moved the other two out of that folder into a storage folder just in case. I went back into FSX and now things are working again, however a bit jerky, but at least this narrows down the culprit to the additional simconnect.dll files (maybe) so far so good. Just thought I should share the news with those still having a problem. I will let you know if this only seems the fix but not a complete solution. fisheye

I too have been having this problem and have researched this forum and the natural point forum extensively. http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=33908 However when I checked the folders mentioned on the NP forum, Windows\WinSXS folder, I found three copies of the SimConnect.dll file in three separate subfolders. Looking at the version numbers of all three, I kept the newest one and moved the other two out of that folder into a storage folder just in case. I went back into FSX and now things are working again, however a bit jerky, but at least this narrows down the culprit to the additional simconnect.dll files (maybe) so far so good. Just thought I should share the news with those still having a problem. I will let you know if this only seems the fix but not a complete solution. fisheye
UPDATE.. Vincent, I too have been cursed with this problem (as posted on the Natural Point forum also). However I believe that I found the fix and it is easier than I was expecting. It seems that anytime that a .dll file is called by different programs it has to be the same version. In my Windows\WinSXS folder there were the three folders that each had a copy of simconnect.dll however I noticed that they were all different versions. What I did was find the latest version of the three and copy to the other folders and overwrite the older versions so all three were the same version. Now it seems that everything is working the way it should. I originally removed the two older versions and just left the newest one and FSX started working again but some programs like JAB couldn't find simconnect.dll. This is a simple fix compared to some on this forum and it worked, at least so far and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this helps relieve these problems so others can get back to flying again. fisheye