Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ardix

hide aircrafts from fsx list

Hi guys, I would like to hide some default aircraft from fsx aircraft list, without deleting the aircraft folder. Is it possible? I know how to do this in fs9 (editing .air file), but I don't have ideas about fsx.Your help will be appreciate.Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys, I would like to hide some default aircraft from fsx aircraft list, without deleting the aircraft folder. Is it possible? I know how to do this in fs9 (editing .air file), but I don't have ideas about fsx.Your help will be appreciate.Regards
FSX uses the absence or presence of a panel folder to determine if the aircraft displays in the selection menu or not. It is a quite different method than was used in FS2004. You should be able to rename the panel folder (example Xpanel) for whatever aircraft you do not want to see and that should cause FSX to think that is an AI only aircraft and therefore "not visible" on the menu. Let us know if that works for you.

FSX uses the absence or presence of a panel folder to determine if the aircraft displays in the selection menu or not. It is a quite different method than was used in FS2004. You should be able to rename the panel folder (example Xpanel) for whatever aircraft you do not want to see and that should cause FSX to think that is an AI only aircraft and therefore "not visible" on the menu. Let us know if that works for you.
Yes, it works. Thanks ;)

Yes, it works. Thanks ;)
I just created another folder in Simobjects called "Unused Aicraft" then copied and pasted the aircraft folders of those aircraft I did no want to use from "Sim objects\Airplanes" into it. This saves the need to rename folders and has the same effect. Just copy the aircraft back to the "airplanes" folder if you want to use one.