Sign in to follow this  
claypool

Feelthere Embraer and FSNavigator Autopilot

Does anyone know how to engage the autopilot for these aircraft as i cant get it to engage after i create a flightplan and hit the switch on FSNAV after takeoff?Thanks

Does anyone know how to engage the autopilot for these aircraft as i cant get it to engage after i create a flightplan and hit the switch on FSNAV after takeoff?Thanks
HelloNo idea on the FSnav problem , But the ERJ has a really nice FMC one of the best out there which is a joy to program and useWhy use FSnav ?

I'm not very technical, so FSNAV is a great way to manage the boring part of the flightI enjoy handling the takeoffs and landings

I don't have that particular aircraft but have never had a problem IF I have remembered to select the "Fly Flightplan" option on the left side of the screen before starting the flight. Then (back in the cockpit) when I am ready to couple FSNav to my flight I hit the AP button.Perhaps your aircraft is different.

Does anyone know how to engage the autopilot [of the ERJ]
i REALLY suggest you review the manual that comes with the V2 aircraft.
i cant get it to engage after i create a flightplan and hit the switch on FSNAV after takeoff?
v1 and v2 aircraft you their own custom autopilot and i doubt if FSNAV can communicate with this custom code.if you own V2 you can try using the configuration utility and set the plane to use the FS autopilot ... this is a 'fall back option' for altitude hold, but but work (who knows).i doubt you will find success using FSnav with the ERJs. the ERJs are simple aircraft ... designed to be that way in real world and by feelThere for FS. spend some time with the manual and learn how to use the autoflight and FMS systems.feelThere ERJv2 support forum -http://forum.iemit.com--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest Tingoose

Have to concur with others above. FSNav doesn't manage autopilot flying well with addons that use non-standard programming to simulate autoflight. FSNav's built-in autopilot was intended to be used for aircraft that use the default simulation of autopilot. As above, I's urge you to take some time to read through the manual to get to grips with using the systems that come with the ERJ. Once you get your head around those you'll experience a lot of satisfaction . . . hopefully :(

Have to concur with others above. FSNav doesn't manage autopilot flying well with addons that use non-standard programming to simulate autoflight. FSNav's built-in autopilot was intended to be used for aircraft that use the default simulation of autopilot. As above, I's urge you to take some time to read through the manual to get to grips with using the systems that come with the ERJ. Once you get your head around those you'll experience a lot of satisfaction . . . hopefully :(
I agree that FSNav does not work with non-standard autopilots but it DOES work with ERJV2.It won't control altitude or speeds but it will fly the route.As Scoob said make sure you have a tick in the box to "use default autopilot for altitude hold" in the Preferences section of the Configuration utility.(run from Start Menu).Have your plan loaded in FSNav. Start your flight in ERJ (Non FMS) and takeoff in the right direction. AfterClimb engage AP, Alt, Speed, Hdg (important) and press Shift+F9 to have FSNav take over.I agree however with Tingoose yhat you should persevere with ERJ's FMC.Happy flyingKen Fairbanks