Sign in to follow this  
greenland

Calibrating CH Rudder Pedals Win XP

Hi AllI have a problem calibrating my CH Rudder Pedals in Win XP.I want to use FSUIPC to Control my joysticks in FS9, which means joystick inside FS has to be disabled.Earlier I used CH Control Manager to do the job, but this Program need to be uninstalled from my PC to be able to use FSUIPC.My exact Problem is that Windows Calibrating System tells me to hit a Controllers Button when moving Rudder full left, full right and Differential Brakes Full right and left. Problem is there are no buttons on the Pedals to hit !! :( :( Anyone have a smart solution?

Hi AllI have a problem calibrating my CH Rudder Pedals in Win XP.I want to use FSUIPC to Control my joysticks in FS9, which means joystick inside FS has to be disabled.Earlier I used CH Control Manager to do the job, but this Program need to be uninstalled from my PC to be able to use FSUIPC.My exact Problem is that Windows Calibrating System tells me to hit a Controllers Button when moving Rudder full left, full right and Differential Brakes Full right and left. Problem is there are no buttons on the Pedals to hit !! :( :( Anyone have a smart solution?
Push the rudder to it's limit and push a button on a controller - doesn't have to be the rudders - push a button on the yoke.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Push the rudder to it's limit and push a button on a controller - doesn't have to be the rudders - push a button on the yoke.
Hi vgbaronIs it really as simple as that :( I am at work right now. I will try it as soon as I go home in AHEM - 1 hour and 17 minutes.ThanksHnerik

Hi again vgbaronUnfortunately it didn't work the way you described. I got the problem solved the hard way - installing CH Control Manager - calibrate joysticks - uninstall CH CM again.Another question. Does anyone here in this forum know what file(s) are containing these joystick calibration settings?RegardsHenrik

Hi greenland,There's no reason to uninstall the CM to use FSUIPC, it's all compatible. Leave the CM in Direct Mode, calibrate it there, tweak it in FSUIPC.A word of caution. If you're using the 64-bit versions of Vista or Win7 and you try to calibrate from within FS, it will bring up the standard Windows applet. Don't calibrate there if you've got the CM installed, it makes it impossible for the CM to work correctly. If you do end up with it calibrated under Windows while you're using the CM, go back into FS, hit calibrate. You'll get the Windows applet. Start through the calibration, early on in the procedure there'll be an option to "Reset Default" or "Reset Calibration". Do that, then just exit the applet as gracefully as possible with finishing the calibration. That just clears the Window data and the CM can work normally.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Hi BobI forgot to mention I use FS9 and Win XP.I thought it was nessesary to uninstall CH CM to use the FSUIPC calibrating system. I recall to have been reading that somewhere, although I don't remember where.My FSUIPC joystick settings are configurated without CH CM installed, and my joystick behaves strange and otherwise when that Program is Present on my PC. I will look into that later, as things seems to work right now, and therefore don't want to touch anything to screw things up again.I possibly have a Mechanical Problem with my Pedals, as even if I Calibrate them through CH CM they won't center correct. They are a little off center to the right all the time. I have managed to compensate for this off center tendency throuh FSUIPC.I read in another thread that I could possibly have a damage in the Potentiometer.RegardsHenrik

Hi Henrik,Yes, I know. Windows has never tried to calibrate center, it only does that for X and Y. As far as the raw values in the CM applet being off center, that's normal. It's showing you what's coming from the stick, not the scaled values. If you want to see what the calibration does, create a quick map with just the pedals (presumably calibrated) then have a look at the "Control Manager Device 1" that it will create.The CM and FSUIPC aren't aware of each other at all. The CM conditions the data below HIDClass. DX gets it's input from DX, and FSUIPC plays with the data within FS itself. They don't touch each other, and the CM provides a "Click!" button and asks for center on the pedals, so it does actually calibrate that point. It's always been a mystery why MS ignored rudder center calibration. It's really the only point that matters. A little more at full left or right isn't of much consequence. Off-center pedals is.Some tests done with Tom Gibson over at California Classics indicated that, if you're using the Windows applet and not the CM, the best thing to do is to not calibrate the pedals at all. You can clear the calibration by starting through the Windows applet, at some point it gives you an option to reset the data. Do that, then quit without actually calibrating. You still have the off-center rudder, FSUIPC will sort that out for you, and because of the way the toe brakes are set up, the stuck brake light problem will generally go away. Just be sure you've got the Null Zone sliders fully left and the Sensitivity sliders fully right in FS. That, at least on mine, leaves about a 30% deadzone before the brakes activate. Once that's done, you can move the Null Zone sliders to the right a little at a time to bring the activation point up. If you go too far, the brake light will come back on. It's also a good idea to check the assignments in FS. The brakes should have the "Reversed" box checked, but that's just "negativity sensitivity" and sometimes fiddling with the Sensitivity slider causes it to "uncheck" itself.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com