Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest alpha37

Fs9 Afcads

Hey guys I upgraded to window7 a few days ago. Now I realize that all my airports shows up out of alignment on every program that I use (FSC, RC4. Can anyone tell me what to do?All taxiways, runways and gates are out of alignment using any external map display programs.Hope that I made sense..Any help is greatly appreciated.Alpha37

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If I understand you correctly the following should get you going:Just changing your OS should not have made any difference to your existing addon airport layouts but a specific procedure MUST be followed. I only have direct experience with FS9 here but I must assume that with FSX it is the same. So I will only relate further to FS9.First of all you should have made a backup of your whole main FS9 folder and the two related files stored on C from your old setup to an external HD. Also any separate utilities you may still want to use, e.g. TTools, Edit Voice pack, etc.In the new clean OS setup you should install a clean FS9 from the 4 original CDs.You then delete (DO NOT UNINSTALL) the whole newly installed main FS9 folder and it's two related files on C.You then copy and paste the whole main FS9 folder from your backup to the same position from where you just deleted the new main FS9 folder. Do the same for the two files on C. Take care that after doing this you have exactly the same main FS9 folder name as the one you created during the new install, otherwise your registry link will be broken.You should now have your previously correctly working FS9 on your new OS. Re-make a desktop shortcut from the FS9.exe file or alter the path in the existing one.Copy and paste your utilities from your backup to their original positions and make any previously existing desktop shortcuts from their .exe files.Re-install your hardware like flight yolks, pedals, etc. calibrate them and check that all necessary drivers are compatable with your new OS.After this you should re-install the other programs which you mention. However, I cannot guarantee that these are all directly compatable with Windows7, e.g. they may need extra MS software in order to function correctly.If I did NOT understand you correctly then just disregard the general FS9 migration procedure given above. The only other possibility I can think of is that the programs you mention are either not compatable with Windows7 or have been installed incorrectly.Good luck.Hans

Hey guys I upgraded to window7 a few days ago. Now I realize that all my airports shows up out of alignment on every program that I use (FSC, RC4. Can anyone tell me what to do?All taxiways, runways and gates are out of alignment using any external map display programs.Hope that I made sense..Any help is greatly appreciated.Alpha37
HelloDid you run the FScommander database tool and also rebuilt the scenery DB from Radar contact using MakeRwys.