Sign in to follow this  

FSD! Im over add-ons with anti-piracy built in.

Guest Moghdad

Thanks for the warning. I'll definitely stay away from this company in the future.

I notice you did not include the log in your post that shows FSD claiming you've installed on seven different computers. If you're installing on many different systems, I'm afraid I can't blame them.-Todd

Peter, It's like this. By default we allow two installs with no questions or no need to contact us. Your needs have well exceeded this, and you have written several times and both Tim and I have replied separately giving you additional software authorised unlocks and installs. The total of machine unique installs is now up to FIVE. It is useful to explain that each Windows & hardware combination generates a unique machine identifier. On the server list below you will see no fewer than SEVEN machine identifiers. This could indicate seven different computers, or represent seven changes in operating systems and hardware. It is this we are baulking at, and this is what we want a polite and informative answer on. We don't want threats or abuse : we need answers and we are polite when we ask. You will find that abusing another Australian will get you precisely nowhere so I would encourage you to please "lose the attitude". As you raised it in discussion, it is probably also helpful if I explain what you don't understand and that is whilst you may well connect through a static IP thanks to Datafast's server setup (although this would likely be a first in Australian telecommunications history), that the "202/3" IP blocks are actually Datafast Proxy servers. I am assuming you understand the use of Proxy Servers and that being the case, that is the reason why the IP that the server logs is different to your own static address. So, to the issue at hand, we need to ask for an explanation as to why you are installing the software so often on so many unique machine identifiers (the uniqueness / process which explained above). If you can help us out, we will help you. As in the past, you will always find us helpful and accommodating but unless you lose the attitude you will find we will rapidly lose patience. You have repeatedly installed the software, that much you have explained, so as we have allowed this to happen the onus is now on you to give us the information we need. Provided you do so both politely, and with a bit of respect (completely lacking in your threatening reply below) such as we have consistently shown you, you will get a prompt and positive reply. When replying, please "reply to all recipients". Yours,.....Steve Smallwww.fsd-international.com-----Original Message-----What attitude? Didnt give you any! Im just unhappy with your actions! Yes Ive probable reinstalled windows 10 times in the past 3 months. Ive upgrade my MotherBoard, Ram, Vidcard and HD over the past 3 months getting rdy for FS2004! Ive had some problems with my system too! Thats why Ive reinstalled Windows as much as I have! If we are limited to only 5 re-installs then I will never buy from you again!!!! I reinstall windows every 2 or 3 months becouse I like a fresh start!Please re-activate my Lic! Or refund my money. Thats all I ask. its NOT threats or abuse ! Just a simple request! Pete

My sympathys to you, I hope FSD's example won't spoil the possibility of your purchasing other, quality, add-ons in the future. Of course, it begs a few questions from what I read, mostly since when was one install of a piece of software all that was allowed. I mean, I've reinstalled the FSD Commander 4-5 times because I can't get the installer for the add-on textures to work. Does this make me a pirate? I think not...it makes me a frustrated user making do with flawed software. Of course if more than one install makes me a pirate, I can see that MS will be after me! Seeing as not only have I reinstalled FS2002 more than 4 times, but I've installed it on two seperate computers :(This is anti-piracy run amok,ScottEdit: I almost forgot, it seems like a little invasion of privacy to be monitoring every install we make. But that's just me...________________________________http://www.x-plane.org/users/scottsfsdl/Si...tlanticSun2.gifScotts FS Downloads

Guest Timbo

It's nice to see Steve Small can reply in a professional matter. Replies like the one from Mr. Dickens above is completely unacceptable for a customer. I'll definitely be avoiding FSD unless this issue is resolved in a positive manner.[table][tr][td rowspan=2]http://timbo87.home.comcast.net/sig/valiant.gif[/td][td]

Tim Pinkawa

[/td][tr][td]

Alpha Sims Texture Artist/Panel Designer

Tims FS Studio]

[/td][/tr][/table

Guest Macs

Absolutely Rediculous!It is FSD that should be bending over backwards trying to accomadate their customers considering it is them inconveniencing you by implementing such a anti-piracy deterent.I'll never buy from them.FSD-Try reading PMDG's fourm, they handled a situation or two similiar to this pretty well, ye could certainly learn from them.RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 650Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest Ian Ritchie

Funny, on some forums i use, it has a different IP next to my name every time i reconnect. What's more, sometimes my IP matches someones from the other side of the world. Forum software run amok?

What gets me is.1. They only let you reinstall 5 times. I should be able to reinstall 500 times if needed!2. They consider you a Pirate when you upgrade your PC!3. There to concerned about there legal customers! Go chase the real Pirates!!I really enjoy there Products!! But the balls in there court! REFUND OR RE-ACTIVATE!Pete

I would ask FSD what machine they wish you to install the software on.After that keep it on that machine. If you must move it, let them know and Im sure they will understand. I dont believe that not allowing any more installs is the right approach but they hold the key. Henry Kissenger would be proud!!RegardsBobG

I don't get it when their using IP's to track software installs. Some ISP's use static IP's while others use dynamic. If you

From FSD>>If you look back over correspondence you will find we have been consistently polite but it looks like this is not something you are able to reciprocate.<

I think FSD has been conducting themselves relatively well through this ordeal. I certainly can't find anything abusive in their correspondence. I am in no position to judge what this anti-piracy software does but it sounds to me like it is not prepared to handle such 'extreme' users like those reinstalling their Windows every couple of months. I can't understand why you would need to reinstal your OS so often unless this is your ... hobby. But then if this is what you like to do - you should stick with CD-based products.BTW, they are right, the statement that you have not been polite .. is an understatement.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

>I don't get it when their using IP's to track software>installs. Some ISP's use static IP's while others use dynamic.>If you

Guest wathomas777

Are you high?Since when is it's FSD's business how often I install or uninstall an operating system."State of the Art" my butt!!! This is spyware, and FSD is definitely "looking"!Placing "anti-copy" protection is one thing. CD-Keys are another, annoying, but at least it doesn't Lock the system.When XP required "program activation" everyone was worried, ths sort of thing would happen. Well. FSD has made sure it has.I will not buy any FSD product, nor any add-on that incorporates such "anti-piracy" protection.What happened to assume innocence before proven guilty?If FSD wants to prosecute, let them provide the evidence that the software was indeed on separate machines AT THE SAME TIME!!! Let them provide the evidence of piracy. Let them get the search warrants. But, if FSD does not HAVE enough evidence to bring this user to court, then it should refund his money, and apologize for the inconvenience.Some of the attitudes on this forum are just ludicrous. Looks like 1984 and big brother are just 20 years late is all.The bottom line is, if I purchase the software and decided to wipe out my OS every fricking week, it's none of FSD's business. Provide some REAL proof of piracy, not some mumbojumbo IP logs, and then prosecute. Otherwise. hand back the money and shut up.There was a time, when us Flight Sim hobbiest stood up against this sort of crap. I guess a lot of us have turned into corporate lackeys. I heard the new FS2006 is gonna have a new pay per play mode. Must make some of you estatic....(Geez!)